• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This is really overpriced right?
2 2

29 posts in this topic

On 6/13/2024 at 2:33 PM, BA773 said:

Asking the people acoutumed to handle GA books, are the pages really brittle?

CGC said off-white, which is consistent with the pic, so does NOT look brittle to me. 

On 6/14/2024 at 2:10 AM, sfcityduck said:

CGC said off-white, which is consistent with the pic, so does NOT look brittle to me. 

Sorry I'm using the bad words, I was asking if the paper of the  GA books is  tears easily? 

On 6/14/2024 at 1:04 AM, BA773 said:

Sorry I'm using the bad words, I was asking if the paper of the  GA books is  tears easily? 

The paper in a Golden Age book is just like that for a newspaper so it always must be handled with care.

What do you think of a coverless All star #24 for 100$? This is one of my favourite issue of the serie and I negotiated the price to 100 with a seller, not sure if it's really worth so much but at least it's easier to spend 100 than 300. 

Posted (edited)

After seen the panel I started to have a deep love for this book... I hesitated for long and asked many questions to the seller then finally purchased it for 285...

I was concerned by writings on the inside or something and the seller told me the books was clean inside so I bought, few minutes after I received a really sad message and the deal been canceled but at least it gave me hope in humanity, thanks to: key-comics-boston

For being honest, his message is below, a nice man > 

Jeremy- a thousand apologies. I went back to my old purchases, and this book has writing on two pages, plus a tear. I bought this comic and actually got a refund as a result. I was thinking this was a different clean coverless comic… the ASM 129 I have listed. Sorry for the mixup and sending full refund now.

Edited by BA773

On 6/15/2024 at 11:27 AM, BA773 said:

After seen the panel I started to have a deep love for this book... I hesitated for long and asked many questions to the seller then finally purchased it for 285...

I was concerned by writings on the inside or something and the seller told me the books was clean inside so I bought, few minutes after I received a really sad message and the deal been canceled but at least it gave me hope in humanity, thanks to: key-comics-boston

For being honest, his message is below, a nice man > 

Jeremy- a thousand apologies. I went back to my old purchases, and this book has writing on two pages, plus a tear. I bought this comic and actually got a refund as a result. I was thinking this was a different clean coverless comic… the ASM 129 I have listed. Sorry for the mixup and sending full refund now.

I think this is a blessing in disguise. I'm not against coverless books if want a reader copy or one day marrying the missing cover but these prices seem very high. I would advise patience and shelling out a little more for a well-presenting, low-grade but complete copy.

On 6/15/2024 at 7:36 PM, 10centcomics said:

I think this is a blessing in disguise. I'm not against coverless books if want a reader copy or one day marrying the missing cover but these prices seem very high. I would advise patience and shelling out a little more for a well-presenting, low-grade but complete copy.

Well I understand your views but im really looking for coverless books now, yes it's weird but I choose to take this path...