• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Doctor Doom vs Iron Man?

22 posts in this topic

On 6/22/2024 at 10:33 AM, HighRadArt said:

Isn't Doom supposed to have a high IQ?  Why has Iron Man refined his armor a bazillion times and Doom has the same look?

Doom has upgraded his armor dozens of times over the years including creating automated replicas. I think Doom just likes the classic look!

MarvelSuper-Heroes20CGC8.0.thumb.jpg.b1ca1048821950444aff8f596ad6cffc.jpg

Out of subject but as an hard DC Fan, one of my favorite marvel villain is definitely Dr Doom

So if I try and add some reason to this...Tony Stark is a playboy in the movies and naturally wants to look good in his suit.  While Victor has a disfigured face and thus the harsh look to his armor.  This man this monster. Oh wait, that's the Thing.

Doom also does not strictly rely on his armor like Tony needs to.  Doom uses sorcery.

Triumph and Torment :cloud9:

He does live in a medieval-style castle, and so it's likely he favours that old school style.

Doom’s armor seems to be designed more with defense in mind, as most of his offense is world-conquering machinations carried out through robots, high-tech gadgetry, minions etc. His force field is perhaps the most significant capability of his armor.

Stark’s armor is primarily offensive in nature, designed to make the wearer a living weapons system.

Just my 2c observation.

I always found it amazing how fashion-conscious superheroes and villains were.  Like did Doom just look in the mirror at his armor and say "this just won't work without a hood and cape..." while plotting to destroy his enemies?  And when you get to the level of Galactus, why do you even care about your clothes?  Or even more importantly, where do they take their laundry?  It's like this entire universe I believe so strongly in is .... fake. :sorry:

Stark is trying to live up to his father and is constantly tinkering with things, thinking his Dad's approval is just one step away. 

Doom seeks no one's approval and sees no reason to improve on perfection.  If his suit could be improved, it already was. 

What I've never understood is why he calls himself Doctor. It's an honorific that seems below him.

On 6/24/2024 at 11:19 AM, shadroch said:

Stark is trying to live up to his father and is constantly tinkering with things, thinking his Dad's approval is just one step away. 

Doom seeks no one's approval and sees no reason to improve on perfection.  If his suit could be improved, it already was. 

What I've never understood is why he calls himself Doctor. It's an honorific that seems below him.

If he didn't seek approval then why didn't he wear his OG armour to the Hellfire Gala? I assume because he would have looked very much out of date and beneath all the other guests in terms of fashion. He would have made a poor statement.

He has also improved his armor many times, improving on perfection constantly, even creating alternate armours for other situations, such as his trips with Kang, the Legacy armor, his M Armor, or even non-visible upgrades like that to fend off Dracula.