• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NJ Comic Art Con August 4
3 3

25 posts in this topic

I went 8ish years ago and enjoyed the heck out ot it... considering another trek. Has attendance for this stayed the same?

Being a Sunday show seems to hurt the hangout time after the show, do ppl do thier hanging out Saturday night for the show?

On 6/24/2024 at 9:02 AM, gumbydarnit said:

I went 8ish years ago and enjoyed the heck out ot it... considering another trek. Has attendance for this stayed the same?

Being a Sunday show seems to hurt the hangout time after the show, do ppl do thier hanging out Saturday night for the show?

I haven’t been involved in a Saturday night hang out but would much like to if people are up for it! 

On 6/24/2024 at 11:19 PM, TMNTDude said:

I've never been. How many OA dealers are there?

Is there a lot of dealers with non-marvel and DC stuff? I'd love to go and pick up some TMNT art.

Lots of non-DC or Marvel art. As to the dealers, if you’ve been to any of these before, you will see “the usual gang of insufficiently_thoughtful_persons” as they used to say in Mad Magazine. I wish there were some newer faces with newer material.

March 2024 was in Hanover NJ. Had it been there again I for one would not be attending. Once was more than enough. For those of us in NY which covers majority of attendees, the extra 20-50 minutes each way depending on traffic is simply too much. 

Glad to see it's back in Hasbrouck Heights which is now the absolute furthest extent to which I'm willing to travel on Sunday's. Now it if were a Saturday when traffic is usually significantly less thus not having to watch the every minute on the clock, that would be ideal! 

On 6/25/2024 at 1:10 PM, Rick2you2 said:

Lots of non-DC or Marvel art. As to the dealers, if you’ve been to any of these before, you will see “the usual gang of insufficiently_thoughtful_persons” as they used to say in Mad Magazine. I wish there were some newer faces with newer material.

+ you :) ,and yep

Edited by All-Star Squadman

I'll be going to a concert on the day of the con. It will be nearly impossible for me to go to the con.

Would anyone be willing to look for TMNT Return To New York pages for me? 

If yes, I can message you my contact info.

I just arrived with a friend who wanted to carpool from Ohio. Gonna eat at their little restaurant tonight. It’s sort of a ritual before the show might just be us too but usually we pick up one or two people just hanging out who happened to be here the night before

On 8/3/2024 at 6:16 PM, zhamlau said:

I just arrived with a friend who wanted to carpool from Ohio. Gonna eat at their little restaurant tonight. It’s sort of a ritual before the show might just be us two* but usually we pick up one or two people just hanging out who happened to be here the night before

Oops, auto text mess up .