• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Poach thief is on rise
3 3

33 posts in this topic

On 6/24/2024 at 5:10 PM, Buzzetta said:

I am starting to see an uptick in regular citizens taking matters into their own hands.  Police and state consequences be damned. 

My favorite viral video of the last year was the two bodega owners bashing the hell out of a brazen crook with what looked like broomsticks. :luhv: 

It's not as bad as where I am in upstate NY as the metro area, but I suspect if I even "brandished a weapon" in the direction of porch pirates, I'd get in a lot more trouble than they would. NY cracks down on "gun violence" by making life miserable for law abiding gun owners. 

It was a big problem for a while with shoes back when I was in the "shoe game," because the packaging was so easily identifiable.

If you don't know who Mark Rober is, he's been doing some pretty funny stuff to combat porch pirates. Here's his "Glitter Bomb 4.0" video:

On 6/26/2024 at 10:37 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

It was a big problem for a while with shoes back when I was in the "shoe game," because the packaging was so easily identifiable.

If you don't know who Mark Rober is, he's been doing some pretty funny stuff to combat porch pirates. Here's his "Glitter Bomb 4.0" video:

That was absolutely wonderful - thank you!!

On 6/26/2024 at 11:49 AM, Mr. Zipper said:

My favorite viral video of the last year was the two bodega owners bashing the hell out of a brazen crook with what looked like broomsticks. :luhv: 

It's not as bad as where I am in upstate NY as the metro area, but I suspect if I even "brandished a weapon" in the direction of porch pirates, I'd get in a lot more trouble than they would. NY cracks down on "gun violence" by making life miserable for law abiding gun owners. 

Are the porch thieves going to report you to the local po po for waving a gun at them? Pretty easy to have a rifle/shotgun up there if you're not a felon or mentally ill, I know handguns require a bit of work. What's worse where I live (Brooklyn) on our local neighborhood group someone showed video of a porch thief and the usual suspects found that objectionable because we don't know if they guy really needs the money in these tough times... oh come on, stop the nonsense!!! Last time a guy rang my bell asking for money to "feed his kids" and I told him to hold on a minute and I came to the front with a bag of groceries and he cursed me out. I guess he didn't really need to feed his kids!

On 6/23/2024 at 9:07 PM, grendelbo said:

:facepalm:

Looks like an early Dr. Who episode

In this instance, I would help her or him with the box.

Edit: I'll add, if this was my home and, if not, I would pay the owner/individual that placed the order for the item/s.

image.gif.2f549c4bfc59a053a6b12e4f64b79408.gif

Edited by Tec-Tac-Toe