• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage Auctions Sept 12-15
1 1

262 posts in this topic

On 8/15/2024 at 12:41 PM, Bronty said:

what do people expect that Vampi 3 cover by Bode to run?

I imagine its a pretty tough one to guess, but what do we all think?

My buttquote is 75-100k or so given boobie tax.    With up to 125-150k being possible.    Beyond that I think it becomes a stretch.

But... you know... I'm basing that on the current windspeed across my right buttcheek.

However.. maybe I'm way off.   Will Warren buyers not want to pay big bucks for a Vampi cover with no Vampi, or does that not matter since the original is nice, and boobies, and its a very early issue.    For my part I just think its cool and early and so someone will pay.   But I don't know this market.

I thought this took a huge jump from 11k to 90k overnight but it turns out it was the reserve hitting.

On 9/1/2024 at 10:29 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Buscema Wolvie 1 cover already at $198K

Just a few days later and 4 more to go and ......we've almost doubled up that figure. $372,000

Wolvie1ishowmuch.thumb.jpg.9587974e6614ac4e075ee7c4ae57fd63.jpg

On 9/9/2024 at 5:27 PM, delekkerste said:

95% less than the New Mutants #98 cover = Bargain!!  :idea:  

The NM98 cover arguably makes the secret wars 8 page look cheap!

You only blew 3m if you bought the SW page :eek:    You're blowing 5m+ if you buy the NM98

I wish the consignor the best, yada yada, I just don't see that price at this time.    I don't blame him for trying though!   I might do the same!

Edited by Bronty

On 9/10/2024 at 9:06 AM, Bronty said:

The NM98 cover arguably makes the secret wars 8 page look cheap!

You only blew 3m if you bought the SW page :eek:    You're blowing 5m+ if you buy the NM98

I wish the consignor the best, yada yada, I just don't see that price at this time.    I don't blame him for trying though!   I might do the same!

This is a great idea. 

I'll price my best 80's X-men page at $500,000....I should have no problem selling my $10,000 pages for $50,000.....it's 90% off!!!!

On 9/10/2024 at 11:15 AM, comix4fun said:

This is a great idea. 

I'll price my best 80's X-men page at $500,000....I should have no problem selling my $10,000 pages for $50,000.....it's 90% off!!!!

Now you’re thinking!

in fairness it’s the sort of piece where you can try for the moon more readily.    

Now i know you’re you g to say we are way past the moon; I won’t disagree

On 9/9/2024 at 2:04 PM, comix4fun said:

Just a few days later and 4 more to go and ......we've almost doubled up that figure. $372,000

Wolvie1ishowmuch.thumb.jpg.9587974e6614ac4e075ee7c4ae57fd63.jpg

WOW!!!! 

I wonder how the final hammer will effective value of the rough pencil prelim of the cover drawn at 60% size. 

1%, 5%, 10%

wolverine1CVR_prelim.jpg.thumb.webp.904ccdd6ccaba1012fcbfaf261a92dc1.webp

While the trend over the past few auctions has been increasingly restrained bidding until live bidding day, I expected to see some movement today.

given it’s the day prior to live bidding, it seems as though bidders are keeping their intentions very quiet.  So, I expect bids to come at a frenzied pace tomorrow just prior to, and during live auction!

should be a good show!

On 9/11/2024 at 5:40 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

While the trend over the past few auctions has been increasingly restrained bidding until live bidding day, I expected to see some movement today.

given it’s the day prior to live bidding, it seems as though bidders are keeping their intentions very quiet.  So, I expect bids to come at a frenzied pace tomorrow just prior to, and during live auction!

should be a good show!

Tomorrow is the day before the live auction, not today. Don't forget that with the last auction they changed it so that the Platinum is mixed with the 2nd oa session and both are on Friday. 

On 9/11/2024 at 4:38 PM, Brian Peck said:

WOW!!!! 

I wonder how the final hammer will effective value of the rough pencil prelim of the cover drawn at 60% size. 

1%, 5%, 10%

wolverine1CVR_prelim.jpg.thumb.webp.904ccdd6ccaba1012fcbfaf261a92dc1.webp

Love it Brian. Love seeing the artist work through their ideas for the final piece. This is a great piece of the creative process. 
If you can't have the finished piece I can see something really wanting this over a color guide or production art piece that John never touched. 
Really great.