• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage Auctions Sept 12-15
1 1

262 posts in this topic

On 9/14/2024 at 12:31 AM, tth2 said:

I had hopes of winning the Bolton Black Dragon #5 cover.  At $33,600, I wasn't even close! :tonofbricks:

The Claremont/Bolton mini series was fantastic when first released and holds up well today.  The artwork on the series was absolutely incredible and very memorable.

im amazed at how many folks still haven’t read it.

On 9/13/2024 at 7:53 AM, KirbyCollector said:

Bidding on the Kirby Galactus origin page... curious to see where it goes... love to hunt down the four-panel from that same issue of the Taa rocketship crew heading into the star 

Is it en route or were you outbid? It's a great page I'd be happy to own but I didn't expect it to go $10k+ without any major characters.

On 9/14/2024 at 12:38 AM, tth2 said:

The Lloyd "V for Vendetta" page went for $66k!  Much higher than any price I recall for a V page at Heritage.  Is that a record from the series?

I don't know, but some of the Moore cognoscenti were speculating that this could be a 6-figure piece before the auction. :ph34r: I don't know that one would call $66K cheap, but, I didn't speak to anyone who was blown away by this result.

Edited by delekkerste

On 9/14/2024 at 2:43 PM, Shaun Hill said:

I felt like recent sales for lesser pieces would have bolstered the price of this one.  Seemed low to me.

Well, it did sell in 2019 for $14.4K so that’s a nearly 350% increase.

secondly, IMHO, the “lesser” piece that sold recently for $60K has more appeal/desire to me than the page that sold in yesterday’s auction.  I think it ended where it needed to, and it wasn’t low to me.

On 9/14/2024 at 8:43 AM, Shaun Hill said:

I felt like recent sales for lesser pieces would have bolstered the price of this one.  Seemed low to me.

Surprised no one has said it but no claws out may have made the difference on this one. Great detail in the art, but even one claw out may bring a couple extra bids into the 50-60k territory.

Amazing piece and detail, I think in today’s market someone got a slight deal. 

On 9/14/2024 at 1:50 PM, dick pontoon said:

Is it en route or were you outbid? It's a great page I'd be happy to own but I didn't expect it to go $10k+ without any major characters.

Not mine... as a half splash w/o characters I was not willing to go that high but do understand the upcoming FF movie prob gave it some juice

On 9/14/2024 at 12:42 PM, 1classics said:

I should also add I value Browning’s weekly recaps and assessments. I’m sure there is some valid points he will make, but overall results seemed pretty strong. 

For sure.  I really love reading those recaps.  

On 9/14/2024 at 12:38 PM, tth2 said:

The Lloyd "V for Vendetta" page went for $66k!  Much higher than any price I recall for a V page at Heritage.  Is that a record from the series?

Looking at the previous Signature Auction, V pages seem to have suddenly made a quantum leap in price.

On 9/15/2024 at 2:11 AM, delekkerste said:
On 9/14/2024 at 12:38 PM, tth2 said:

I don't know, but some of the Moore cognoscenti were speculating that this could be a 6-figure piece before the auction. :ph34r: I don't know that one would call $66K cheap, but, I didn't speak to anyone who was blown away by this result.

Why?  For the longest time you could get them for four figures, and then they slowly crept up into just breaking five figures.  Then suddenly, from the last Signature Auction, there's been a jump into solid middle five figures.