• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frank Miller Sig & Remarque

17 posts in this topic

Yikes.

Sorry - he's a great artist but I've always thought his signature was pretty uninspired... and that 'remark' seems par for the course - does anyone else have a remark from this signing that's comparable...? Maybe that's just what you get at this point...?

On 6/26/2024 at 5:22 PM, Chaz G. said:

Looks like those "waves" are maybe supposed to be clouds with the bat-signal behind it . . . ?

Yeah, that's what I see. Sorry to the OP, I'd feel it, too. The real question is can you look past that and enjoy it in your collection, or is it going to get jettisoned?

Ouch :( I passed on any kind of remark from him because it was way too expensive and his illustrating abilities have gone very downhill. I'll be honest, this would bum me out. I'd try to look at it as a conversation starter or an oddity kind of thing.

When I saw the prices they were charging for remarques from him I was pretty shocked.

I thought the “squiggly lines” were a flock of bats flying toward the symbol. But that’s the great thing about Frank’s art, it’s like an abstract painting where everyone sees what they want in it!

Only thing I’d be bummed with is the sig, I’ve met him at Megacon the past 4 years in a row and he always signs with that nice big arrow shaped sig. I guess he does the lazy looking little FM on remarks or whatever? 

On 6/26/2024 at 4:33 PM, Dr. Balls said:

Yeah, that's what I see. Sorry to the OP, I'd feel it, too. The real question is can you look past that and enjoy it in your collection, or is it going to get jettisoned?

I can’t get over the disappointment so it’s going on eBay. I’m interested to see if it may be the first Sig & Remarque to actually lower the final sale price compared to other unsigned 9.6 TDKRs

On 6/27/2024 at 6:17 PM, jlnelson42 said:

I can’t get over the disappointment so it’s going on eBay. I’m interested to see if it may be the first Sig & Remarque to actually lower the final sale price compared to other unsigned 9.6 TDKRs

Something similar happened to me a few years back. My extreme disappointment at the time led me to auction the book on ebay and it went for a fraction of what I paid.

I still regret selling it to this day but not because of the financial loss. In time I got over the disappointment and just wish the unique book was still part of my collection. 

I recommend putting it away for a few months. In time you may enjoy owning this quirky remarque. 

2c

Edited by Chaz G.