• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help Me Take Better Pictures
3 3

45 posts in this topic

On 6/29/2024 at 4:27 PM, Lightning55 said:

For the overwhelming majority of people, a good phone of recent manufacture is more than sufficient to make an informed decision. 

Me I'm never with the overwhelming majority, i.e. the unwashed masses. I prefer to be with the few, the proud!

But consider. It doesn't matter how expensive and sophisticated your overall stereo happens to be. If your stylus is crummy (even just badly worn), the sound you get is going to be lousy.

:preach:

Edited by Hepcat

On 6/29/2024 at 4:27 PM, Lightning55 said:

If you're trying to take microscopically detailed photos, like to see the eyelashes on a gnat, you need a great lens. Or if you are OCD-affected and viewing comic photos, you think you need a great lens.

Hmmmm. So what about all the comic "enthusiasts" here in the Modern Age forum trying to determine whether some 9.8 comic from 2001 could be resubmitted with a view to being relabelled as a 9.9? Are you with 'em or agin 'em?

???

Edited by Hepcat

On 6/29/2024 at 5:56 PM, Hepcat said:

Hmmmm. So what about all the comic "enthusiasts" here in the Modern Age forum trying to determine whether some 9.8 comic from 2001 could be resubmitted with a view to being relabelled as a 9.9? Are you with 'em or agin 'em?

???

They of course have the right to do whatever they want, if they can find a seller to play along.

Maybe worth mentioning is that many sellers use auction management software like Auctiva. You can upload a 30MP photo, but they will reduce it to 2MP on their server. The max they will send to eBay is about 1900x1200.