• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Dr. Who and the Daleks
1 1

9 posts in this topic

4.0 from me as well, certainly nicer than my copy.  One of only three Doctor Who items produced for the US market in the 60's that I'm aware of.  (The other are an article in Famous Monsters of Filmland and a reprint of David Whitaker's novel.)

3.5 - 4.0 because of the size of the back cover stains and because CGC hates stains.

Regardless of grade, that's a pretty-looking copy of a fairly difficult book that tends to show wear very harshly.

Thanks ya'll for looking. I was hoping for at least a 4.0 if I decide to send it in. Do ya'll think a clean and press might help at all with the stains on the back? My guess if it does it would only bump it up by 0.5 of a grade.

4.0 IMHO The staining on the back cover detracts from the overall eye appeal. Numerous CB spine tics, veining on the front cover and discolouration of the staples add to the lower grade. Still a great book to own in any grade!

Thanks for posting!

On 7/11/2024 at 1:44 PM, Skytripa said:

Thanks ya'll for looking. I was hoping for at least a 4.0 if I decide to send it in. Do ya'll think a clean and press might help at all with the stains on the back? My guess if it does it would only bump it up by 0.5 of a grade.

I know you said it was a grail book for you. Unless you want it graded to easily display it out in the open I'd probably not grade it.

Just read it and keep it in a Mylar and if you stumble on a nicer copy or one that's already graded then good.

I'm a big Who fan since I was a kid and my Doctor was Tom Baker so I've been a fan of the show since the 70s.

I only found my copy a couple of years ago at a lcs that had it reasonably priced.

Here is my copy and I've not thought once about getting it graded.

Screenshot_20210408-100201.thumb.png.cf08e5d0fd6a31439cdbe681265ebc27.png

Now I'm not saying don't get your copy graded. If you feel you want to then go for it.

As for cleaning I'm not sure how stains come out so hopefully someone can give you advice on that.

Edited by southern cross

Posted (edited)
On 7/11/2024 at 10:12 PM, southern cross said:

I know you said it was a grail book for you. Unless you want it graded to easily display it out in the open I'd probably not grade it.

Just read it and keep it in a Mylar and if you stumble on a nicer copy or one that's already graded then good.

I'm a big Who fan since I was a kid and my Doctor was Tom Baker so I've been a fan of the show since the 70s.

I only found my copy a couple of years ago at a lcs that had it reasonably priced.

Here is my copy and I've not thought once about getting it graded.

Screenshot_20210408-100201.thumb.png.cf08e5d0fd6a31439cdbe681265ebc27.png

Now I'm not saying don't get your copy graded. If you feel you want to then go for it.

As for cleaning I'm not sure how stains come out so hopefully someone can give you advice on that.

Thank you your copy looks amazing. That's something I will think about. I am currently skittish sending any more in atm with how my first ever order went. ( had a few shaken comic syndrome issues)

I know for graded copies 4's are currently around 180 with higher grades going for bit more. I did see a 9.2 at 1k which is crazy.

Edited by Skytripa