• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why are all of my submissions returned to me with scuffed or scratched inner wells (interior plastic)?
2 2

12 posts in this topic

It can't just be me that this is happening too... Every submission that I get back from CGC has interior scuffs and scratches all over the plastic holder or whatever its called. The entire business is supposed to be about quality and presentation. They shouldn't be sending books back that look like this. Why is this being overlooked?  Tell me what I am missing here. 11667.thumb.jpg.afa75dcba28ce59255a3067a73e47b5b.jpg

image_67176449.JPG

image_67181313.JPG

Yuck , atrocious , that is unbelievable , such nonsense ! I still have not sent a submission in 8 years now . I have been having great luck with the ones I get from the link but I had no idea another problem about CGC books . Will I be brave enough to send in books for the sale that CGC has going on right now , that is the question I am asking myself right now . Probably will just keep doing it my way , Seems like a lot of people still have great luck sending in . I just don't want the bad luck happening to me .

I heard the rumor that they do this to reduce Newton Rings as well.  If that is true then they really need to rethink their encapsulation process as well as the quality of products that they use. I spoke to customer service who said that this happens to a small amount of books and its mostly due to when books are in transit. I said really? I have sent back at least 6 MEs this year and sometimes 2-3 times per book! There is nothing inside the slab itself that moves around enough that would scratch the inside plastic. The books are put into the slab with scuffs and scratches all over the plastic cover. The real problem is the grader either isn't paying attention or doesn't care when they are doing this part of the encapsulation. Where is the quality control? I thought my books looked bad but that yellow label slab above is so much worse. They should be embarrassed for sending something like that out. 

They don't post photo's anymore from the encapsulation room but in previous ones you could see slabs and inner wells just stacked on top of each other. That obviously when slid over vice picking up/laying down would cause scuffs.

but I like to believe it is the dastardly plan of the young women who takes the slab photo's scuffing books she doesn't like with her nails:

image.thumb.jpeg.07b0b0257b2af7a22d6a9d8ec291c7d2.jpeg

I guess you could be happy your inner well isn’t warped and damaging your book.  Maybe they keep coming up with worse defects to make the previous ones not look so bad.

This has been going on for YEARS.

I'd like to see a show of hands ... who here thinks CGC DOES NOT know how these occur?

Now I'd like to see another show of hands ... who here thinks CGC gives a rat's behind?