• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please grade my comics. Have a few in hand that are special to me and new to the comic grading game. Looking for info, let me know if you need more pictures
1 1

4 posts in this topic

I've had them for over 5 years now and have always been curious if they are worth anything or worth being submitted for grading. If anyone could provide any useful information on these id greatly appreciate it. I can provide further pictures and information on them upon request. Thank you so much for your help! 

image.thumb.jpeg.be8c20267e5136a1753a9bbc60324f7b.jpegive had image.thumb.jpeg.3a0422f26f73f5ae029cae9113d5bbe9.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.d44715f7123da1c0ddc46c4dca167466.jpeg

IMG_9841.jpg

On 7/20/2024 at 4:12 PM, mhuge said:

I've had them for over 5 years now and have always been curious if they are worth anything or worth being submitted for grading. If anyone could provide any useful information on these id greatly appreciate it. I can provide further pictures and information on them upon request. Thank you so much for your help! 

Welcome to the forum, mhuge.

@scburdet is right - you aren't following the rules for this specific 'grading' forum, and the moderator may move this to the 'newbie' questions forum if he sees it - but to save you some time, the best thing to do is to pop onto eBay, type in each title (or the key words and numbers), and see what the comics actually sell for.

Straight away you will see that only the Wolverine #1 has any financial worth:

Capture.thumb.PNG.82ee65872c835368ce504e03b41a86ea.PNG

The other books have no value:

Capture2.PNG.7b81ec0bb239119716e127bc063c53b1.PNGCapture3.thumb.PNG.6e81dbb3f62d2cf100000b8632319471.PNG

People generally slab comics for three reasons:

1. For sentimental / personal reasons - the book means something to them and they want to protect or perhaps display it
  2. To maximise resale value - the book is valuable, and slabbing it increases resale opportunities (restoration check, third party grade etc)
  3. They like encasing things in plastic

Once you take into account the fees, there is nothing in your pictures worth slabbing if you want to make money. So only consider it if any of them have sentimental value, and you want to protect / display them (albeit there are much cheaper ways of doing this - Mylar sleeves and backing boards, for example).

Hope that helps.

On 7/20/2024 at 11:12 AM, mhuge said:

I've had them for over 5 years now and have always been curious if they are worth anything or worth being submitted for grading.

CGC would find each and every one of those comics well worth slabbing.

:50849494_winkemoji:

Edited by Hepcat