• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thank you CGC FORUM SANTA

188 posts in this topic

Thank you Santa Borock!

Dude I am so jealous... sumo.gif

I will admit to being totally lame and opening my gift early. 893naughty-thumb.gif. I totally forgot. And no, it doesn't have anything to do with CGC. It's just a totally cool & unique present that I had wanted for a while and really compliments my collection. thumbsup2.gif Serious, serious props to SB. You're the man! hail.gif A Happy, Happy Holidays to you and your family.

CGC Santa arrived for me yesterday....don't know who it's from yet, just letting you know it safely completed its' journey. Don't know if the package will make it til Sunday. No purchases this week and the fix needs feeding. crazy.gif

and my apologies to my recipient for the heinous wrapping job. No wrapping paper and a need to get it out quick means: you can pretend its wrapped. The stuff inside is what counts, anyways, hope you like it. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Won't know til Christmas! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Thank you Santa Borock!

I will admit to being totally lame and opening my gift early. 893naughty-thumb.gif. I totally forgot. And no, it doesn't have anything to do with CGC. It's just a totally cool & unique present that I had wanted for a while and really compliments my collection. thumbsup2.gif Serious, serious props to SB. You're the man! hail.gif A Happy, Happy Holidays to you and your family.

I did the same thing (forgot that we were supposed to wait for Christmas). My secret Santa was 143ksk and this is what he sent to me:

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

exciting3.jpg

exciting3b.jpg

Thank you Santa Borock!

Just kidding, greggy... Put the knife down... flowerred.gif

You got more that you deserved! 893censored-thumb.gif

I wouldn't know... yet...

My box is still safely sealed... and the ticking has quieted down a bit. Is it a problem if it stops? confused-smiley-013.gif

Thank you Santa Borock!

I am really glad you liked it!

Thanks for the kind wishes! Same to you and yours! And everyone else here on the boards!

I am waiting with baited breath to get my gift, if it does not come by Friday, I will let you all know what it is when I get back from San Francisco.........

Johnenock...don't you touch that until Christmas Day! 893naughty-thumb.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Hope you like it...please try not to laugh too hard at my pathetic wrapping skills!

By the way...mine came a few days ago. I ALMOST unwrapped it but resisted...barely...but don't know who it is from. All I know is that it is from somebody who lives in Massachusetts that knows how to wrap a HECK of a lot better than I do! crazy.gif

It cracks me up how excited we're all getting over this gift exchange...myself included.

I mean, we're all grown-ups (well,mostly) and I'm betting the CGC Santa Gifts are the ones we are most looking forward to opening. We all know it is not going to be an Action #1 or anything...but the simple thrill of surprise gift related to our beloved pasttime is a very cool thing. For me, the gift of a comic book is a pretty unique feeling that, like the hobby itself, brings back nostalgic memories Although I stopped collecting between the college years until last year at age 39 (when apparently my middle-age crisis kicked in), I do fondly remember a few "gift" comic books from my very early collecting days. Two stand out...a VG-ish copy of X-Men #1 that I received on my 14th birthday. Don't know why but I recall the price tag from the comic store was $65...vastly overpriced back then (1979). Second was a Hulk #102 received for Christmas the next year. Great memories. Anyway, sorry to go all nostalgic and off-topic here. Bottom line...this is a cool idea that hopefully brings a little bit of childish joy to all of us this holiday season! cloud9.gif

I have got to share this 'cause I'm so excited. Won't be around here on Christmas Day to find out what everybody else got so...

..here's a lesson...

...next year, when it's time to put together your want list for what you hope to get, don't be afraid to include a comic like Avengers #1 if you need it to help complete your run of the '63 series. grin.gif

And, as a kicker, you might also get a golden age supersnipe Vol. 3, #6. Not done, another 4 comics for your reading pleasure.

Yeah, truly something to get excited about.

Thanks again, comicdey.

hail.gif