• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fourteen people were arrested and 10 victims were rescued in a human sex trafficking sting at San Diego Comic-Con Convention.
1 1

12 posts in this topic

No.  I hate the way these articles are framed.  These are people who are generally brought over from other countries under false pretenses and promises and then forced into sexual slavery and prostitution by their captors at big events like this and the Super Bowl where people are looking to buy sex. It's reprehensible no matter what, but people are not being abducted and trafficked from these events.

From Evanier's Blog:

we have reports of another kind of disease at Comic-Con…

Fourteen people were arrested and 10 victims of sex trafficking were rescued — including a 16-year-old girl — in a sting operation at the Comic-Con International convention in San Diego, California, last week, officials said Thursday.

If you read the reports, it's clear that Comic-Con itself was in no way involved or responsible. It's just the kind of operation that thrives on events that attract people in certain age groups. It was probably way more prevalent in San Diego back when it was more of a "Navy town" than it is these days. We don't have (or need) many more details than that.

A friend at the con also told me that there was a legal brothel just over the border in Tijuana that was advertising special discounts if you showed them your Comic-Con badge. Mine said "Invited Guest" on it so I wonder what I could have gotten down there — apart from something much worse than COVID.

On 8/1/2024 at 10:56 AM, MAR1979 said:

[A] legal brothel just over the border in Tijuana . . . was advertising special discounts if you showed them your Comic-Con badge. Mine said "Invited Guest" on it so I wonder what I could have gotten down there — apart from something much worse than COVID.

Watering can perineum—a forgotten complication of gonorrhoea.

Edited by jimbo_7071