• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Mutants #98 cover up at Heritage.
2 2

68 posts in this topic

On 8/9/2024 at 10:18 AM, comix4fun said:

One wants to keep it forever, One want to flip it in a year...or BOTH want to hang it on their wall, or in their CAF gallery. lol 

Speaking of, I wish Bill would develop a curated "museum" area of CAF that held only these monumental (either in price, scope, influence or artist) type pieces. There's so much work to sift through on CAF, I routinely find members who have historical-level pieces of art that I never knew had been posted. 

On 8/10/2024 at 10:27 AM, Dr. Balls said:

Speaking of, I wish Bill would develop a curated "museum" area of CAF that held only these monumental (either in price, scope, influence or artist) type pieces. There's so much work to sift through on CAF, I routinely find members who have historical-level pieces of art that I never knew had been posted. 

Bill does take requests and maintains a list. Drop him a line.

On 8/30/2024 at 7:22 PM, alxjhnsn said:

Bill does take requests and maintains a list. Drop him a line.

I don't think it was necessarily meant to memorialize "historical-level" comic art but there is that CAF feature for creating "favorites" galleries.  I make good use of it.  I think Bill once mentioned that he thought of removing it but it was getting enough use that they decided to keep it.  I think the method for creating a CAF-wide type of gallery as suggested by @Dr. Balls might cause a lot of debate.  For example, there are various topics on these boards re: best artists, etc.  I have my biases, as evident in the art in my CAF and also my favorites galleries.  My biases are generally DC and artists that generally didn't have inkers, I basically state this in the paragraph at the top of my CAF gallery.  But for instance Bill and most of the ComicArtLive guests/collectors have their own biases, basically skewed towards Marvel.  To be fair, Bill did once invite me to do a ComicArtLive.

But just out of curiosity, it would be interesting to see the top 100 pieces that appear in the "favorites" galleries across all of CAF. 

Also, as much as I love my collection, I don't think any of it is historical or would appear in the top 1000 across "favorites" galleries.

Edited by Will_K