• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1 of 4 Comic books submitted was rejected
1 1

13 posts in this topic

My very first submission to CGC Comics so you can say I’m new when it comes to the grading process. My question is; Why would one of my comics be rejected and no reason of why it was rejected was provided? Why did I have to pay extra after grading, aside from the 8 dollar fee for incorrect point scale  … I understand that the extra fee of 8 dollars per comic would be added if not given the right point scale during the submission process. Why did I had to pay 112.50 extra after grading?

IMG_0649.jpeg

• Administrator

Hello,

This book was rejected for not meeting its requested prescreen grade. As this book was rejected, you were not charged for the grading fee of this book. Only for the other 3 books. The amount charged was what was due for the submission. As a reminder, customers are not charged when their packing slip is created. In the case of prescreen submissions customers are not charged until after grading has been completed. This is to prevent issues where a customer must be refunded because a submission was billed improperly. You can review this total against your card issuer's statement to confirm when the packing slip was created you were not originally charged. 

If you have any other questions, please let us know. 

On 8/13/2024 at 3:23 PM, Israel MartinezMartinez said:

If you may what prescreen grade would I input for that magazine if to resubmit again?

It was placed on Authentication and Grading with a lower value of 400$. I just need more clarification from CGC, which service and process was fast overall and I thank you for the services provided  I really doIMG_0650.thumb.jpeg.ff048c3454a6b7f10e38b0368f007dc7.jpeg

On 8/13/2024 at 1:14 PM, MattM CS said:

Hello,

This book was rejected for not meeting its requested prescreen grade. As this book was rejected, you were not charged for the grading fee of this book. Only for the other 3 books. The amount charged was what was due for the submission. As a reminder, customers are not charged when their packing slip is created. In the case of prescreen submissions customers are not charged until after grading has been completed. This is to prevent issues where a customer must be refunded because a submission was billed improperly. You can review this total against your card issuer's statement to confirm when the packing slip was created you were not originally charged. 

If you have any other questions, please let us know. 

If you may provide advise what prescreen grade would I input for that magazine, if to resubmit again. I do understand the fees now and it does reflect correctly. The Comic book IMG_0650.thumb.jpeg.3a759e50efa036edf8679e321cf7d57d.jpegthat was rejected was placed in the Authentication and Grade/ Modern PreScreen Section which was below 400.

• Administrator

Hi @Israel MartinezMartinez,

We would not be able to let you know which grade to select for the minimum grade on your prescreen. If you want the book graded no matter what the grade will be you can process the order without prescreen. You can send it in to us just under the Modern tier and we will grade it. 

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Thank you,

On 8/14/2024 at 8:33 AM, AllisonC CS said:

We would not be able to let you know which grade to select for the minimum grade on your prescreen. If you want the book graded no matter what the grade will be you can process the order without prescreen. You can send it in to us just under the Modern tier and we will grade it. 

Thank you,

Thank your for that clarification . I did see a fault on my custom label marvel super heroes secret wars #8 12/84 in the picture submitted, it has the Custom label (Universal Heroes) instead of Universal MSHSW as requested… is this correct? Once again I apologize for the inconvenience 

IMG_0653.png

IMG_0650.jpeg

• Administrator

For the book that you provided the screenshot for we provided the label that was requested. In the screenshot for the order you provided you requested the "Universal Heroes" label. That is the one we placed on your book. For line item 001 you requested the "MSHSW" label. I hope that helps! 

Thank you,

On 8/14/2024 at 1:57 PM, AllisonC CS said:

For the book that you provided the screenshot for we provided the label that was requested. In the screenshot for the order you provided you requested the "Universal Heroes" label. That is the one we placed on your book. For line item 001 you requested the "MSHSW" label. I hope that helps! 

Thank you,

In the packing list the first item is requested with Universal MSHSW, but if you check the line item 1 it’s actually item number 4 in the packing listIMG_0654.thumb.jpeg.3027286364d6fd3b9ac9503f25bfd15c.jpegIMG_0655.thumb.jpeg.8f450a79c85a1e62d1cd0097a4946e63.jpeg

On 9/9/2024 at 4:50 PM, Israel MartinezMartinez said:

I just received my comic back from an ME and it came back again with the wrong custom label. Everything was explain for the ME and the custom label was not replaced as instructed please see previous comments for further explanation.. it came back the same way as it was shipped 

@MattM CS