• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Complete Pedigree Lists
2 2

29 posts in this topic

On 9/6/2024 at 1:46 PM, walclark said:

Are you serious? First, I get stuck with a mislabeled Church and now I find out that I bought a mislabeled Fight?

Man, CGC, you're killing me here. :facepalm:

fight22.thumb.jpg.3ccec80090e4d0512617902cd8889278.jpg

Beauty!!! Is CGC right or the list?  We will never know. 

On 9/6/2024 at 2:46 PM, walclark said:

Are you serious? First, I get stuck with a mislabeled Church and now I find out that I bought a mislabeled Fight?

Man, CGC, you're killing me here. :facepalm:

fight22.thumb.jpg.3ccec80090e4d0512617902cd8889278.jpg

I think it's pretty likely that it is an Allentown and just wasn't on the original list.  You could always reach out to Steve Fishler or Jim Payette to confirm.  Payette has been really good about responding to NH emails with me in the past. 

On 9/5/2024 at 7:27 AM, buttock said:

Looking at the list on CGC's site (and sticking to GA, I'm not as familiar with the SA peds): 

Billy Wright - no, but should be able to piece together as they all sold on HA

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on any of these.  

Some Billy Wright's were NOT sold on Heritage. But the list should be available from the consignor who publicly discussed the topic.

On 9/6/2024 at 4:33 PM, sfcityduck said:

Some Billy Wright's were NOT sold on Heritage. But the list should be available from the consignor who publicly discussed the topic.

Interesting. Thank you. I have the Billy Wright ha catalog, do you happen to have a link to the discussion?

On 9/6/2024 at 4:49 PM, RedGiant said:

Interesting. Thank you. I have the Billy Wright ha catalog, do you happen to have a link to the discussion?

Stated in this article: https://lithub.com/the-man-who-made-millions-from-old-comics-in-a-closet/

In a post-sale press release issued by Heritage, Allen commented, “With just 345 comics in all, [the Wright collection] featured fully 44 of the top 100 comics of all time, many in simply superb condition, which the uniformly great prices reflect.”

But, according to Rorrer, that’s not all. He has retained a selection of Wright’s comic books and is saving them “for a rainy day.” Until then, he said, “I don’t do anything differently. I still go to work every day. I fish a lot . . . I have to say it really hasn’t changed my life.”