• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1st Appearance of the Eternal Warrior (Valiant Comics)
1 1

4 posts in this topic

I'm wondering why CGC does not seem to designate the 1st appearance of The Eternal Warrior on any comic.

It should be on Solar, Man of the Atom #10.  But it's not.

Yet, Solar, Man of the Atom #11 says "Eternal Warrior appearance".  And Rai #5 says "1st appearance of Eternal Warrior in 400AD".

Why not mention on Solar #10 that it's the first appearance of a MAJOR Valiant character???

• Administrator

Hello!

Great question! Unfortunately,   All First Appearance notations are made at the discretion of the CGC grading team. CGC does not designate every 1st appearance for characters in books on our labels. Over the years some first appearance notes have been added or removed from books as new information becomes available. In the case of Solar #10, as the notes section to define this book is already filled there is not currently space for this book to receive a first appearance notation on the label in addition to this information unfortunately. I am sorry for the inconvenience this may cause. Rest assured this is not done with the intention to discredit this first appearance. Thanks for your understanding! 

Hi Matt.  I appreciate your swift response to this, especially since it's now taken me a week and a half to respond to your response!

In any event, I obviously know you are not the one making the call on this, but I think CGC has gotten this one wrong.  They should print the most important info.  And if you were to look this book up on eBay, you would see that nearly every listing mentions "1st Appearance of Eternal Warrior" while basically none mention that the book is embossed or that there is a 16 page story insert.  The CGC label is completely missing WHY this book matters.

I have recommendations for how CGC could proceed to fix this:

1.  Print "1st Appearance of Eternal Warrior" INSTEAD of the embossed or insert stuff.

2.  Add a 4th line of text in order to include this.

3.  Add additional text to the back of the book where there is unquestionably a ton of free space!

Please kick this up to whoever makes these decisions and hopefully they'll make a change in how this book is designated moving forward.

Thanks,

Kev

On 9/14/2024 at 1:42 AM, WOLVERINE335 said:

were to look this book up on eBay, you would see that nearly every listing mentions "1st Appearance of Eternal Warrior" while basically none mention that the book is embossed or that there is a 16 page story insert.  The CGC label is completely missing WHY this book matters.

Why do they need to label it when you say everyone already knows it??