• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I don't understand the situation (Ebay)
6 6

43 posts in this topic

I wanted to buy to Qualitycomix on Ebay, which is a really serious seller.

But here I'm really confused by the situation, I don't know what is happening... 

Screenshot_20240912_062622_eBay.thumb.jpg.8631e606d00112d1d9d125694268e636.jpgScreenshot_20240912_062629_eBay.thumb.jpg.1ff5e731e14a96bdeaedc103488bdd77.jpgScreenshot_20240912_062636_eBay.thumb.jpg.f81f2a6e53ac6992d12450b81bf4a143.jpgScreenshot_20240912_062640_eBay.thumb.jpg.33b3c23814d9c6c02b142fd9d36dc2a8.jpg

Edited by Coverdeath

Looks like they're messing with you.

No such item number exists on eBay, as for sale, completed, sold, etc. But past listings can only be searched within 90 days. Also searching their store, no result for Batman 139, past or present (again, within 90 days).

Not sure how you found the Ended listing for the coverless issue in the first place. 

On 9/12/2024 at 8:18 AM, Lightning55 said:

Looks like they're messing with you.

No such item number exists on eBay, as for sale, completed, sold, etc. But past listings can only be searched within 90 days. Also searching their store, no result for Batman 139, past or present (again, within 90 days).

Not sure how you found the Ended listing for the coverless issue in the first place. 

Because i was following it on auction about a month ago, it was not ended when I seen it and asked if the book had nices pages...

But im really confused because qualitycomix are really serious and popular in the comics business and they also have an online website...

If they have their own website, consider contacting through the website, they should be able to email you a link.

or maybe instagram or facebook direct message

There's absolutely no reason they couldn't have sent the link in the eBay message. I do it several times per week, no problem.

They can't send it if it doesn't exist, and there is no eBay listing now or within the past 90 days with that item number. But they are conversing about it as if it's a live listing. Maybe a typo in the number string.

Nor can that comic be found in the Quality Comix present listing pages, or recent completed or sold listings. It doesn't seem to have a presence on eBay now or in recent time.

So the cover was missing, and now all the pages are missing, too. The whole thing is gone. Vaporized. Maybe it's one of those invisible comics. 

Just wondering when the "today" message was sent since Quality Comix sent a response on August 15.  If the "today" message was sent recently, then it's possible that the book might have sold on their website and the item got pulled off their eBay store.  I haven't sold on eBay for a while, but if the seller cancels their listing doesn't it disappear from eBay?  Also does Quality Comix show listing of sold books on their website?  I couldn't find it on their website.   

On 9/12/2024 at 6:26 PM, flchris said:

Isn’t this it? May have just been reposted a few hours ago since it shows 9 days 21 hours left (as of this post).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/235732007203?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=MDUNYfjST3O&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=hb5v_tQfTs6&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Looks like that may be it.  I wouldn't blame the seller if he blocked the OP for flipping out on him.

They told him it was for sale and available. It wasn't .

They gave him a listing number that wasn't a live listing (yet?), wasting his time looking for  it. Not sure how they had an accurate listing number prior to going live. According to Watchcount.com, the listing is only 3 hours old, but they gave him the number yesterday. EBay magic! Following their instructions would have been a dead end until 3 hours ago.

Not really helping the customer out.

On 9/12/2024 at 10:32 PM, DougC said:

The auction was created with a scheduled start time; the owner can see and link the auction but most buyers cannot see it. IIRC you used to be able to see the listing if you had a direct link but that could have changed (I no longer schedule start times).

English is not his first language and his delivery sounds questionable (not his fault but we have all gotten the emails) as a seller I would have blocked/ignored him especially once he stated he was being made fun of. That is the kind of manic headache that just screens trouble to a seller.

If I had a buyer struggling to find one of my listings, I'd try to find out why. Listings should be easy to find, not hard. 

In this case they would see that the listing was not live yet, just scheduled. You'd apologize for providing the wrong info, and give him the link and the starting time.

He didn't complain about being misled, until they in fact misled him. 

Both parties were civil and polite, but the seller could have done a much better job handling the inquiry. 

On 9/12/2024 at 7:05 PM, Lightning55 said:

They told him it was for sale and available. It wasn't .

They gave him a listing number that wasn't a live listing (yet?), wasting his time looking for  it. Not sure how they had an accurate listing number prior to going live. According to Watchcount.com, the listing is only 3 hours old, but they gave him the number yesterday. EBay magic! Following their instructions would have been a dead end until 3 hours ago.

Not really helping the customer out.

I think the seller could have been clearer regarding the auctions start time,  but there was nothing in what the seller wrote that indicated they were not trying to help the customer out.   They actually seemed very nice with their replies.  I think there was an overreaction from the buyer.