• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,770 posts in this topic

Here is some recent stuff:

1. Jim Starlin Hulk vs Thing battle page from Marvel Fanfare #21

2. 2 Superman: Red Son pages. If you haven't read this Mark Millar gem, go do it now! Pages from this series are so hard to come by and I'm glad to be able to share 2 more!

Have a look and hopefully enjoy!

Malvin

CAF Link to recent uploads

Edited by malvin

My eldest child, Allie, graduated from college yesterday. I knew/hoped that this day would come and I wanted to give her a gift that was special for the two of us.

The first comic that I bought my girls was Betty and Veronica Double Digest#14 by Dan and Jim DeCarlo and I thought that a recreation would be a good idea. Sadly, Dan and Jim are not longer with us.

By chance, I "ran into" John Sterling Lucas on eBay and we got to talking. John is the one who brought Katy Keene back to light after a long hiatus. He did it with the blessings of Bill Woggon, Katy's creator.

My girls love Katy so we decided to expand the cover scene to include a picnic with Katy, Sis, and my daughter, Allie.

You can see the results here:

Lucas, John S. - B&V DD 14 (Recreation) Colored.jpg

You can see the original cover, the pencils, and the inks in my CAF. As always, comments on the piece in the CAF are welcome.

This is my 1st post in this OA section. I frequent the GA section mainly. I don't really collect art, but I may have started with these two I picked up this year. The Batman I got at Wondercon '09 and the Cap is a really cool Schomburg litho that I will have this weekend. These aren't OA, but are reprinted, limited, numbered, and signed by Kane and Schomburg, respectively. :applause: Actually, the Schomburg sig is original. The Kane is a copy. Enjoy :cool: The framing on the Cap is really sweet with UV plexiglass and musuem mounting (thumbs u

Bat-ManDaVinciFull.jpg

bennie9.jpg

bennie1.jpg

bennie6.jpg

bennie10.jpg

bennie11.jpg

ghost_rider_05_01_rkcn.jpg

Great "Old School" Ghost Rider Title Page by Ayers and Vince Colletta.

Issue 5 Page 1 (Large Art)

Thought I share...

Happy Holidays !!

....and this post is too funny...cause I just realized you can't write Mr. Ayers first name in this forum....too funny....haha....

Well let us just say....Mr. D. Ayers.... !

Edited by wurstisart

My eldest child, Allie, graduated from college yesterday. I knew/hoped that this day would come and I wanted to give her a gift that was special for the two of us.

The first comic that I bought my girls was Betty and Veronica Double Digest#14 by Dan and Jim DeCarlo and I thought that a recreation would be a good idea. Sadly, Dan and Jim are not longer with us.

By chance, I "ran into" John Sterling Lucas on eBay and we got to talking. John is the one who brought Katy Keene back to light after a long hiatus. He did it with the blessings of Bill Woggon, Katy's creator.

My girls love Katy so we decided to expand the cover scene to include a picnic with Katy, Sis, and my daughter, Allie.

You can see the results here:

Lucas, John S. - B&V DD 14 (Recreation) Colored.jpg

You can see the original cover, the pencils, and the inks in my CAF. As always, comments on the piece in the CAF are welcome.

What a great backstory and a very special piece!

This week I bought a Ditko Spider-Man page. It's right here:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=91470

(And if I knew how to insert images -- and I even did some tricky "view source" stuff on prior entries to figure out the html (and I failed) -- I'd show off a panel here. Oh well.)

Amazing Ditko page!

Merry Christmas.

Kathy surprised me with a wonderful painting of The Batman by Sheldon Moldoff. I was a big fan of his Batman so this was a very pleasant surprise indeed. Please check it out here.

However, I have a question. Does anyone know for whom the dedications were written? See the supplemental signatures from Mr. and Mrs. M. Thanks. I wonder if it comes from the same collection as my Santa and Rudolph Treasury back cover since both came from the Time Capsule in RI.

Also, I gave my middle daughter, Elizabeth, what I call "Pig on a Bike" by Scott Morse. I've admired Scott's work for sometime and would love to get an S&S commission by him someday.

When I ran across this at my LCS, Bedrock City Comic Company in Houston, among some pieces that CAF'r Mike Steenbergen was selling, I knew it would be the perfect gift for the girl who has wanted a pig for a pet for most of her life. If you met her beagle, you'd know she was almost there - that dog is a stomach with legs.

Anyway, she was thrilled and has a place picked out in her apartment. You can see it here: here.

It's been a very nice Christmas.

The Batman

Moldoff, Sheldon - The Batman.jpg

Pig on a Bike

Morse, Scott - Pig on a Bike.jpg

A Christmas gift from my family. They contacted him mid-December about this and he had it done and delivered in time for me to open it Christmas morning. In the pic is my daughter's Bulldog and my Jack Russell.

And check out the hidden message HERE

Douglas Paszkiewicz never disappoints.

91610.jpg.4b294e48e6b7baa0ddd3313c49bdeb0a.jpg

I just updated my CAF and website. Here are the links:

CAF:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=33

http://www.collectingfool.com

I don't normally put images here but since this forum is set up for that I figured I'd give it a shot. Here's the highlights of what I got:

herriman-kk.jpg

mccay-rarebit-horse.jpg

pollard-thor314.jpg

For the rest you can click on the links above.

Happy New Year!