• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,770 posts in this topic

At nearly 300 issues, HELLBLAZER only has two issues that are considered "keys," 11& 27.

So recently a fellow collector emailed me asking if I was interested in a page from 11 (Pages from 27, Dave McKean, are a bit out of my price range). He was doing a transaction for a different HB page and the seller had this page as well. My friend wasn't interested, but knew I might be and passed along the good info. This collector is someone I have only exchanged emails with a few times, and I have purchased one page from him in the distant past. Other than that he knows me no more than any other collector. And his collection consists of the type of pages (Dark Knight, Watchmen, that type of carp) that get folks on these boards all a flutter. So, for him to afford me the opportunity to get a page from a key issue that he could just as easily absorbed into his collection is one of the great thing about the good people in this hobby. (I've got a recent story about just the opposite happening recently, but I'll save that for a rant I plan on venting soon).

Anyway, the page is a KILLER and measures an immense 19" X 14"

I've only got a partial scan for now, but wanted to share with any other HB fans on the boards. We're taking this one back to 1988.

ENJOY

111149.jpg.5bb6109eb0fa33a931ac7a34aa5a69c6.jpg

Got some cool things from Charles today.

The Max sketch at the the bottom is slated to be used in The Jungle trade coming out this month. I believe it's either for the chapter breaks or after the title page. Will see shortly.

The dinner print is 1 of 5 made so happy about that. The jester is the baddest print I have ever gotten. Hope you enjoy as much as I am right now

IMAG0825.jpg

IMAG0824.jpg

IMAG0823.jpg

IMAG0822.jpg