• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,770 posts in this topic

I just acquired this Aragones Groo strip which I consider sort of a "holy grail" since it has Groo appearing six times in five panels, all of them being full body, and 5 times with his dog, and also an image of his penchant for frays which is totally classic.

Canon-Groo-Mightier-Than-The-Sword-Back-Cover-4-144.jpg

Now, here is the original art as published in the comic Groo Mightier Than The Sword #4 back cover:

Groo-MightierThanTheSword04-28.jpg

My dilemma is on framing it and I need all your opinions. Do I frame it as-is? Or would it be better if I make a "stat" so that the top won't be so empty? Also, how do I make a nice stat if ever the decision is to make a stat? Would a normal inkjet printer work?

This is how it will look if I make a stat for it:

Canon-Groo-Mightier-Than-The-Sword-Back-Cover-4-144-STAT.jpg

Let me know your opinions!

The stat is ok, but you can also hide the blank space behind a mat. Of course if you go the matt rouge, you'd probably have the make the matt the same size all round to make it even, making the overall frame bigger.

Good luck and nice piece! congrats!

Malvin

The stat is ok, but you can also hide the blank space behind a mat. Of course if you go the matt rouge, you'd probably have the make the matt the same size all round to make it even, making the overall frame bigger.

Good luck and nice piece! congrats!

Malvin

How do you attach the stat without damaging the art in case you need to take it out in the future?

I had Chris Ivy create an overlay for my Dan DeCarlo "Archie Andrews, Where Are You?" cover.

It's on a clear overlay attached to the original with an easily removed tape. It's not framed yet, but that's the way that I'll frame it.

Chris was fast and reasonably priced. He's very reliable based on my experience and on the number of times I've seen him used for commissions by Michael (OML guy) Finn.

Hope this helps.

Nice Swampy page.

Love that Groo page too. Loved Groo as a kid.

Grew to appreciate S.A. as an artist as an adult.

Thanks for the kind words on the Groo page. I actually have another one coming. Will keep you posted and share it here when it arrives.