• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,773 posts in this topic

Greg LaRocque's nearly 60 issue and 5 year run on The Flash was matched or surpassed only by Irv Novick and Carmine Infantino. This assures his place in Flash history.

Despite all the issues he has drawn, it is his most recent work in Flash Retroactive where I feel he made his best splash ever. Stunning piece if you ask me - as a lot of elements are here.

Plus, he finally got to ink the costume he himself redesigned for Wally West, which was even carried over to the Justice League Animated series:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=826864&GSub=122145

I am really happy to own this page.

IMG_4286.JPG

Here's cover B from Transformers Spotlight: Jazz by Andrew Griffith. It's on an 11x17 art board, but on the reverse. I just got it from the artist. He did all the rest of the artwork digitally (coloring and ink) to create the cover.

I'm really excited to get something like this. I'd never think of owning a newer cover, but here one is :) I think it looks great and look forward to having it framed.

Edited by LastRaven

I'm a total newb when it comes to OA...wanted to wade into it slowly. I'm collecting OA that features my favorite character, Magneto. These are my first pages in the collection.

[OrigArtX-Men12Page22.jpg

I like this one. It's a refreshing change to see an artist go for a natural/realistic look - as opposed to something like the first page you exhibited, which shows Magneto as a rival to the Hulk in the muscles department.

I'm a total newb when it comes to OA...wanted to wade into it slowly. I'm collecting OA that features my favorite character, Magneto. These are my first pages in the collection.

[OrigArtX-Men12Page22.jpg

I like this one. It's a refreshing change to see an artist go for a nhatural/realistic look - as opposed to something like the first page you exhibited, which shows Magneto as a rival to the Hulk in the muscles department.

I love this page too. I thought the same thing, very refreshing to see Magneto in an understated costume and with a normal build. Plus I like that his face is in shadow.

You should open a ComicArtFans gallery - www.comicartfans.com - and spend some time exploring that wonderful archive.

You should open a ComicArtFans gallery - www.comicartfans.com - and spend some time exploring that wonderful archive.

Just did...what a website. It's gonna take me days to explore it. lol

Just arrived courtesy of Sequential T

Sensation Comics #1 cover recreation by Chris Giarrusso

Was donated by Chris for the Marla Bea Benefit for breast cancer research.

A cool piece, for a great cause :)

Sensation-Comics-1-Chris-Giarrusso.jpg

Pussycat, Pussycat, I still love you! :cloud9:

Picked up from Anthony Snyder over the weekend.

Nov1502.jpg

Here's my 3rd Elvira Splash page, also picked up from Anthony.

Nov1503.jpg

Vampirella Second Coming #3 cover by Billy Tucci. My second cover from the new series.

Nov1501.jpg

Updated my CAF with some new pieces.

Eclipso poster art

6348991099_66680333e4_z.jpg

Peter Cannon; Thunderbolt #1

6349735126_e2f6c7fc06_z.jpg

Captain Atom #1

6283936624_bbf8059d44_z.jpg

and more by Liefeld, Garcia-Lopez, Staton & McDaniel. Take a look (thumbs u

Edited by Shemp

Something new in my collection - a Sergio Aragones published Groo splash!

Aragones original published art is not easy to track down because he doesn't sell a lot of his art and most of them you find are just the leftovers from the litter. To find this semi-iconic image (to me iconic is Groo in a fray!), is a personal coup for a big Groo fan like myself.

This is a classic Groo image - leaving a village in flames while being clueless about it with his dog, Rufferto.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=831906&GSub=122142

Howdy,

got this Jim Starlin Splash page today:

MarvelPreview1022.jpg

and 9 other things recently from Wizard World Austin, with stuff from Al Williamson, Ralph Reese, Rich Buckler, Otto Messmer, Don Newton, and others with such titles as Wonder Woman, Avengers, Daredevil, Black Widow, Secret Agent X-9, the FF, the Spectre-all classic 60's and 70's art! See link below.

Recent Acquisitions

Today is my 29th anniversary and Kathy presented me with the Bone 20th Anniversary Special Edition which contains a pen/ink and watercolor drawing of Fone Bone reading Moby . Jeff Smith's art is hard to find and this is a real treat for me.

Check it out - Fone Bone by Jeff Smith

Or if you don't like to click, you can see it here:

Smith,%20Jeff%20-%20Fone%20Bone%20(small).jpg