• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,773 posts in this topic

Ghost Rider #23 cover (Jack Kirby and John Romita Sr.) from the last Heritage auction...my first piece of Kirby art! :banana:

6436051601_e7b720aae8_z.jpg

Glad you started off slow. Great cover - and the bonus sigs in the UPC box are a nice touch.

I was at a small show here in Austin and ran across a few con sketches that I ended up buying. Love it when the dates are from a while back

was that the little toy fair thing? how was it?

Yep, the "chemical toy fair" that only seems to post on facebook without an actual website. It was ok but pretty slim pickins. It was in what used to be northcross mall. $4 to get in, and I was out within an hour. There was one dealer with comics, but they didn't really have much.

I was at the last one. More than 1 dealer with books then and I grabbed a few. It's kind of odd how it is publicized for sure.

In honor of the nostalgia v. aesthetics debate, I've added my last new piece of 2011 to my CAF. Generally, my choices are weighted heavily toward aesthetics, but this particular piece has both for me. I'm a huge fan of Sid Greene's inking on Dillin's Silver and Bronze Age work, and I grew up as a DC geek, reading JLA, Adventure, World's Finest, etc., in the '60s and '70s. This page stood out in my memories, so I couldn't believe it when I actually landed it. An iconic early Bronze Age image of Black Canary on this JLA 73 page:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=839039&GSub=70567

In honor of the nostalgia v. aesthetics debate, I've added my last new piece of 2011 to my CAF. Generally, my choices are weighted heavily toward aesthetics, but this particular piece has both for me. I'm a huge fan of Sid Greene's inking on Dillin's Silver and Bronze Age work, and I grew up as a DC geek, reading JLA, Adventure, World's Finest, etc., in the '60s and '70s. This page stood out in my memories, so I couldn't believe it when I actually landed it. An iconic early Bronze Age image of Black Canary on this JLA 73 page:

:applause:

Wow, it's pretty clear which panel got all the love on this page.