• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,773 posts in this topic

I went to the Dallas Fan Days and came back with more than I expected. The trip report is here.

Click to embiggen.

Hero by Mark Texeira

pXr9fhnP_0710131122261.jpg

Hero is from Mark's Kickstarter - A Hero's Death.

City of Others Book 2 Pages 17 and 18 by Bernie Wrightson

bjrTHMdm_0710130002481.jpg

This was the first collaboration between Bernie Wrightson and Steve Niles.

Cast of Morning Glories - Part 2

DOnNLd5g_0710130123191.jpg

More of the cast of Morning Glories drawn into Vol. 2 of the Deluxe Hardcover.

{ Sorry for the double post }

My first Published OA! :banana:

X-23 from X-force 18 page 21 by Michael Choi

original.jpg

The scan doesn't do it justice, I'm pretty excited :grin:

This MLPs as the Avengers piece from Thom Zahler belongs to my daughter - really, it's true. The fact that I'm posting it for her shortly after posting an Andy Price pony piece does not mean I'm a Brony.

Seriously! Stop that snickering.

Here's the art:

1N7Dliev_0810131916171.jpg

Now updated with a key that explains who is who. Click to embiggen. Thanks to a boardie for the help.

This MLPs as the Avengers piece from Thom Zahler belongs to my daughter - really, it's true. The fact that I'm posting it for her shortly after posting an Andy Price pony piece does not mean I'm a Brony.

Seriously! Stop that snickering.

Here's the art:

1N7Dliev_0810131916171.jpg

For those that like modern independent comics, I just finished uploading the second portfolio of Jeremy Baum's POSTLAND comic.

Currently there are 153 pages on display and I've still got a portfolio and a half to scan <3

POSTLAND made the editors of BEST AMERICAN COMICS "NOTABLE COMICS of 2013" list :golfclap:

What? You haven't read it yet? shame (tsk)

So, I'm a fan of Art Baltazar and Franco Aureliani of "Tiny Titans," "Billy Batson and the Power of Shazam!," and "Superman Family Adventures" fame.

A few months ago, they had a Kickstarter for a new comic series - Aw Yeah Comics!

One perk was a page from a story in issue 0 - their digital only issue. In my case, I got a page from Franco's Polar Cycle story that features Action Cat, Adventure Bug, and Polar Cycle. It's Polar Cycle's origin. :) Also, I put the full cast of characters in the Additional Image section for reference.

Anyway, check it out. It might make you smile. BTW, I have another perk coming - a painting of Action Cat by Art!

• Aw Yeah Comics! #0 - Polar Cycle page 4 by Franco (click image to embiggen)

tU6AIuKG_1110131028421.jpg

I have a number of other new-ish pieces - it's been a busy couple of months.

Edited by alxjhnsn

I picked up a couple of pages at the New York Comiccon.

The first piece is a Wonder Woman page drawn by Cliff Chiang. It features Orion and Milan (who is a character based on Wesley Willis).

WonderWomaniss15pg03_zpse34d4298.jpg

The second piece is a Gen 13 page drawn by Luke Ross.

gen13_14_7_zpsccc9fd68.jpg

I finally found a piece I have been looking for for over 5 years. The cover to Dead@17: The Thirteenth Brother #4. Thrilled to be one step closer to reassembling this book. I hadn't found a piece from it in 5 years so I am glad I was able to track it down. You can read the whole story on my CAF. With this purchase I now own almost 3/4 of the book and know where all but 2 of the remaining pages are. I still need to track down page 15 and 20 so if anyone has any leads I would love to hear them. :)

94wz.jpg