• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,770 posts in this topic

I finally got around to scan all the sketches and commissions I brought back from the International Gothenburg Book Fair last month:

CAF_GBG.jpg

Everything but the drawings by Don Rosa and Peter Madsen (one of them) can be viewed in this gallery on CAF.

I love them all, but I am especially pleased that I managed to coax one of her very rare convention commissions from Hedvig Häggman-Sund. She created her own interpretation of how my favorite teenage witch and her feline familiar looked back in 1962. Great, that is! Check out more of Hedvig's stuff in her DeviantArt-gallery. :grin:

Don Rosa had kept himself busy, preparing drawings for all the attending guests at the Saturday donaldistic dinner. A very welcome and unexpected treat! I was lucky to get one of "Glittering" Goldie O'Gilt in her heyday.

I also included additional images of the artists showing their work. ;)

This has to be an even bigger addition then the cover. Page 20 from Dead@17 The Thirteenth Brother #4. This was a page that I never thought I would actually own. I figured this one was locked away in some black hole collection never to see the light of day again. Well that is true now. Let's just say I am on cloud 9 with this acquisition. I am actually starting to think there is a possibility that I will be able to reassemble this book. You can read how I acquired it on my CAF. :)

oyja.jpg

Met David Lloyd last week at The Lakes International Comic Art Festival. As the lovely man that he is he did this little scribble for me. Wasn't expecting anything, so to get any at all was amazing.

IMG_07402.jpg

Nice guy, right? Seems like he just comes to the cons to chat...the times I've met him, I don't think he had anything for sale, and was doing little sketches like that for free.

david-lloyd-v-caf.jpg

My latest addition is not quite comic art but is the closest thing to a "jam" as I can get that features Superman and Batman's creators.

To have Siegel, Shuster, and Bob Kane write on the same page is a thing to marvel at (no pun intended). And having Julius Schwartz, Joe Kubert, Jerry Robinson, and Jerry DeFuccio in it would be just icing on the cake!

ePZ3XV5N_2410131327481.jpg

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1064935