• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman 251. 9.8 Signed by Neal Adams
2 2

8 posts in this topic

On 9/14/2024 at 7:30 PM, JonProphet said:

I'm not sure this is appropriate, but oh my........

That sir is an amazing book!

It's absolutely appropriate! 

To be honest, I usually lament when I see a signature on an ultra-high-grade copy of a low-census book.  However, when the placement of the signature is that good, I find it doesn't bother me at all.  This is a very beautiful book.

John Romita seems to always have taken great care to choose good placement of his signatures whenever possible.  Is the same generally true for Neal Adams?

On 9/14/2024 at 5:08 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

To be honest, I usually lament when I see a signature on an ultra-high-grade copy of a low-census book.  However, when the placement of the signature is that good, I find it doesn't bother me at all.  This is a very beautiful book.

John Romita seems to always have taken great care to choose good placement of his signatures whenever possible.  Is the same generally true for Neal Adams?

He's better than most. Most of his sig placements flow with the book. He signed this in I think the best spot. It complements the art and only covers some background. 

Always reminders me of this .................:facepalm:

leesig.png.b06acdd06b455b3dbb45a7a75806348d.png

On 9/14/2024 at 8:25 PM, calicomic said:

He's better than most. Most of his sig placements flow with the book. He signed this in I think the best spot. It complements the art and only covers some background. 

Always reminders me of this .................:facepalm:

leesig.png.b06acdd06b455b3dbb45a7a75806348d.png

This gives me anxiety. Old Man Stan.:screwy:

On 9/14/2024 at 8:25 PM, calicomic said:

Totally agree.  I think it would have been terrible had he put the signature on the Batman ace of spades card for example, even though it's a white area and therefore tempting.