• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage Auctions Nov 21-24
1 1

30 posts in this topic

On 9/17/2024 at 10:51 AM, comix4fun said:

That was a bit more of a singular, identifiable, example...the one page from that one issue that was indisputably the page that started it all for that character. Tends to lead to a more focused blood-sport bidding situation than one of many pages with the cover to the same issue also out there and available. 
So, it's not the best apples-to-apples....if we had some pages from 181 out there, that would feel more same end of the same pool at the same temperature kind of situation. 

Hater. :)

On 9/17/2024 at 10:35 AM, J.Sid said:

....the Trimpe Hulk 180 page sold for $650k, and that was TEN YEARS AGO!

What are predictions on this one? 

I think this will be the second highest price interior we have ever seen sold once it hammers. Secret Wars 8 will hold the highest title for a while.

On 9/19/2024 at 5:06 AM, Crowzilla said:
On 9/17/2024 at 7:44 AM, Matches_Malone said:

Looks Like another fantastic auction. 

image.png.8640fe4f01edfe15335553a6e5b9fe86.png

Expand  

Wasn't even aware that Fujitani ever did cover reproductions, but I guess it makes sense

If it's just a reproduction, then I withdraw my "Wow!". 

On 9/18/2024 at 5:06 PM, Crowzilla said:

Wasn't even aware that Fujitani ever did cover reproductions, but I guess it makes sense

Hmm...there's no description of the item of the item yet, but it is part of the"Featured" items. One would think it is the original. But you are right; it has Bob Fujitani sig at the bottom. Fujitani drew some of the stories along with Kubert, but the cover is attributed to Rudy Palais. Does the original exist?

On 9/19/2024 at 5:36 AM, Matches_Malone said:

Hmm...there's no description of the item of the item yet, but it is part of the"Featured" items. One would think it is the original. But you are right; it has Bob Fujitani sig at the bottom. Fujitani drew some of the stories along with Kubert, but the cover is attributed to Rudy Palais. Does the original exist?

Probably a mistake then.    Given the volume of items that are no doubt in the collection, its somewhat understandable, as long as its caught quickly.    Somebody hands you two Action 1's you're not thinking anything in the collection isn't 'real.'      That said, there's going to be likely a multiple six figure difference between the original and a recreation, so.... would be nice to get it right, and quickly.

On 9/19/2024 at 5:36 AM, Matches_Malone said:

On 9/19/2024 at 5:58 PM, zhamlau said:

I was always under the impression Kubert did the cover.

My understanding is that Bob always said he created that cover (never heard of Palais being associated with the book).

Bob did a lot of panels at SDCC with Evanier over the years, maybe Mark can confirm.