• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wizard Authentic Edition - Gold and Silver Variants - Census Help
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Good morning,

I sent an email about this but also wanted to post here it case anyone else knows anything about these two different versions of this book.

Primarily, I noticed a Registry issue that I hope you can help with.  It’s a little confusing so I will try my best to explain what I think happened (I’ll add pics below) and what I hope happens next.  For years there has only been one version of the “Wizard: The Superman Tribute Edition #nn” "Wizard Authentic Edition" in the Census (there are 11 graded copies).  It has a “Gold Foil Logo” and that was noted on the label and in the Key Comments in the Census.  I have a 9.8 of that book cert #0804833001.

Recently I located another version of this book that has a Silver Foil Logo.  Gareb Shamus commented on my IG about this and he believes the Silver may be even rarer than the Gold.  (The Silver has kind of a Diamond pattern and I'd even go as far as to refer to it as Diamond or Platinum when considering the 1990's)  It is believed that the Silver Logo was a Retailer Exclusive and I annotated this when I submitted that book.  Note - the certificates are identical for both books.

The Silver that I submitted is still SFG but I just noticed that the Key Comments for my Gold Foil book just changed from "Gold" to "Silver."

*I suspect that when my Silver was taken into your system that someone changed the Key Comments from Gold to Silver (because they were looking at the Silver and assumed the comments wrong in the system).  That should be changed back to Gold (for the book I have and the others that were already graded) and the one I have SFG should probably be a distinct Variant due to the different color Foil Logo and if it was was indeed a Retailer Exclusive.

I believe the Silver book that is SFG is the first submission of that book but can't be for certain.  I believed this because the Key Comments in the Census always only referred to a Gold Foil Logo book.

Anyways, I believe these should be separate in the Census and at the very least the Key Comments for the book I have should be changed back to Gold (which I know for certain it was).

Any help would be appreciated and if anyone else knows anything about the Silver/Diamond/Platinum Foil Logo (maybe Retailer Exclusive) Edition in particular I'd love to hear it.

Pics Below:

My Gold Foil... note Key Comments:

ScreenShot2024-10-09at8_57_55AM.png.f4a363b6770d518400742494d49fd366.png

Key Comments for my book were changed:

ScreenShot2024-10-09at8_59_12AM.thumb.png.59d6a6592d863c0042f440b8d519cfee.png

My Current Submission of the Silver Foil book:

ScreenShot2024-10-09at8_59_29AM.png.d3367bdcccb519ede3371dd27fd84adb.png

Both books shown together... this is actually a higher grade Silver that I want to submit next when I know for sure this is identified correctly:

ScreenShot2024-10-09at9_07_20AM.thumb.png.203af70713babf4a14012978dd9d8183.png

Gareb Shamus comments:

ScreenShot2024-07-18at1_55_39PM.thumb.png.65c48e9e0a74c28031cf591783570172.png

Edited by Iconic1s
clarity

On 10/9/2024 at 8:49 AM, Iconic1s said:

that I want to submit next when I know for sure this is identified correctly

And knowing that your book won't be bent to hell in a BANANA slab....

:foryou:

On 10/10/2024 at 10:27 AM, Yorick said:

And knowing that your book won't be bent to hell in a BANANA slab....

:foryou:

That would also be nice! lol

Edited by Iconic1s

Hello @Legion HQ!  I spotted your thread about Wizard Authentic Editions and was wondering if you had any knowledge of these two different versions (Gold and Silver (maybe Platinum or Diamond)) of this one?

Appreciate any info!