• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are your 2006 comic resolutions?

79 posts in this topic

1. Finish selling my dup GA Batman's

2. Finally sell off my panel page Buscema Avengers

3. Continue focusing on finishing my Detective run (still a long ways off). I really want to snag at least one issue under #40.

4. Filter out some of my dups and send them off to CGC for grading/selling

5. Pick up at least one killer page of original art (I only buy splashes).

6. Meet up with some forum members at WOndercon in 2006.

This is a tough one. I am not sure how much I will be persuing comic books in 2006. I have been getting back into music again, but in a much more very serious way than even when I was totally dedicated to it. It is almost consuming me, which, ultimately, is not a bad thing.

Honestly not sure what I will be doing with comics or movie posters in 2006. My mindset has been completely altered by this. I look at my comics. I look at my posters. Now I feel nothing. I want to practice my music. We shall see.

Oh - regardless of my comic mindset - no early rejoicing! I will most definitely be attending the Woindercon Forum dinner.

::edited for last paragraph inclusion::

I'm amazed at how 9.2 gets no love compared to 9.4s

Because with "most" 9.4's you don't get 5 spine stresses like this one:

Yeah, CGC old labels were tougher than the new ones screwy.gif

Well, if that is a 9.2 I guess the three comics I submitted have a good chance of coming back as 9.6. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

SELL MORE!!!!!!

Russ, Can I sell your books for my income? flowerred.gif

You really wouldn't want to do that. For the last 2 years almost all profit from sales of books have been used to buy more books or increase our advertising budget. We are just now starting to turn the corner. This is the first year in 2 years that I have had any decent amount of money to spend for the holidays.

Believe me, I made WAY more money when I was working for someone else.

oh i believe! Trust me! I know how hard it is to start a new business with all the competition out there! Good luck! Your site has alot of great comics! I'll spread the word about your site gossip.gif

What are your comics resolutions for the New Year?

To buy fewer comics and post here a lot less. It's not really a new year's resolution, but I think my participation is pretty much at an end here. I will pop in for the marketplace and the next grading contest, but that's about it. The whole Krazy Kat thing just killed a lot of the interest I once had for this place. I guess I am just sick of the shills, bickering and bullshiit that goes on. frown.gif

In any case, happy holidays to the true forum faithful and the good guys in the hobby flowerred.gif (you know who you are). Thanks for making it fun. See you all around.

Andy

1)Reduce my collection by several thousand comics.

2)Complete Lois Lane 40-60 in CGC 8.5 or better(5 to go).

3)Pick up the last few Action war covers that I need.

4)Keep a look-out for high grade Archies from the early 60s in high grade(the pastel covers).

5)Continue to pick up Nedor Schomburg war covers!

My main resolution is to cut down on the amount of moderns I buy and focus more on original art, I've picked up another few pieces here and there this week, just small time stuff, I also got a McNiven piece and some other junk, I've decided once all the hustle and bustle of xmas is done I'm going to offer most of my low grade slabbed books to trade up for some nicer art.

I also want to get the Uncanny and ASM runs narrowed down some, I backed off a bit over the last 6-8 months but I really want to cut the amount.

and last for the time being, I want to pick up something I wouldn't usually read, most of my focus is Marvel/DC/Vertigo stuff so I might broaden my horizons and get into something new.

and lose 50 pounds, being 6'3 and 310 is hard on the knees thumbsup2.gif

Why'd this thread die the day after Christmas? My resolution is to begin collecting again. I think I get discouraged when I hear about others' collections, and how mine will never compare, so I quit (temporarily). I need to realize it's a hobby, not a competition. I haven't done anything comic related since July, and really miss it.

To curb my impulse purchases, streamline my collection, and pull the trigger on purchasing what I believe to be scarce books I need when I see them for sale.

Happy New Year fellow board members! flowerred.gif

Now that sounds like a plan!!! thumbsup2.gif

To curb my impulse purchases, streamline my collection, and pull the trigger on purchasing what I believe to be scarce books I need when I see them for sale.

Happy New Year fellow board members! flowerred.gif

Now that sounds like a plan!!! thumbsup2.gif

Well, I've been doing two out of three for the last several months...the latter one doesn't apply to me as all of bronze are so easy to find. yeahok.gif