• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

branching into some long run books, recommandations?

14 posts in this topic

Hi, just beeing getting stuff like ultimate FF, x-men, spider-man for the past year or 2, no thinking of branchin into more long run books just incase any of the ultimate stuff gets cancelled... (prays to god they don't)

anyway here are my short list so far? what would u guys recommand?

amazing spider-man

fantastic four

uncanny x-men

superman, superman vol 2

adventures of superman

batman

action comics

detective comics

flash comics, the flash, the flash vol 2

some of them are a bit confusing as they keep bring them back with vol2 and different titles, such as adventures of superman etc... but i dont really mind that, if i do pick up any of those hopefully ill be hunting for abck issues aswell, making my hobbie bigger and mroe expensive.

so tell me guys what would u recommand for a modern freak like me smile.gif

thanks! makepoint.gif

Hi, just beeing getting stuff like ultimate FF, x-men, spider-man for the past year or 2, no thinking of branchin into more long run books just incase any of the ultimate stuff gets cancelled... (prays to god they don't)

amazing spider-man

fantastic four

uncanny x-men

superman, superman vol 2

adventures of superman

batman

action comics

detective comics

some of them are a bit confusing as they keep bring them back with vol2 and different titles, such as adventures of superman etc... but i dont really mind that, if i do pick up any of those hopefully ill be hunting for abck issues aswell, making my hobbie bigger and mroe expensive.

thanks! makepoint.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif.........The Ultimates.....Astonishing X-Men....All Star Batman And Robin The Boy Wonder....All Star Superman.

amazing spider-man

fantastic four

uncanny x-men

superman, superman vol 2

adventures of superman

batman

action comics

detective comics

thanks! makepoint.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif.........The Ultimates.....Astonishing X-Men....All Star Batman And Robin The Boy Wonder....All Star Superman.

i get all of the above already, and superman/batman (heard that was getting cancelled soon?) smile.gif i was thinking mroe of silver age comics that has made its way to mordern.

but thanks for the ASM 200-300 and FF 200-300.

anything else? i.e. out of the list i made (those are the flagship comics from dc and marvel, long runs) thanks in advanced.

Ultimates are one group of books you can probably count on not getting cancelled for awhile.

FF 200-300. Can get them cheap and they make for a great read.

ASM 200-300. Ditto.

i hope they wont get cancelled either, but USM is going down hill a bit, come on bendis bring the magic back :P

I am collecting:

Ultimate Spider-Man (69 out of 88, this includes the Annual, but not the Special) (Great series IMO)

Ultimate Fantastic Four (25 out of 26 missing 22) (An Fantastic Four I really Enjoy! I have only three of the original FF, was never into them till the Ultimate Series)

Ultimate X-Men (42 out of 65) (Same story as UFF, but I do have quite the collection of Uncanny, but this is def. great)

Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk (As we all know it's LImited)

Ultimate X-Men/Fantastic Four Special (As we all know one more is due)

Amazing Spider-Man (47 out of the 527 issues) (If you hate the story arc "The Other" I suggest not to pick this up. Wait till the story arc is over)

Wolverine (Vol. 2/3 I have all of Vol 1) *(AWSOME! AWSOME!)

Marvel Knights: Spider-Man (Same goes for ASM, but once the arc is over, def. buy)

Friendly Neighbor Hood Spider-Man (Only colecting till "The Other" ends more then likely) (Good, but I aint intrwsted really)

X-Men Deadly Genisis (Limited series)

Marvel Zombies (Limited Series)

Son of M (As we all know Limited)

All Star Batman & Robin: The Boy Wonder (WOW Great read, must pick up, I am dropping this when Frank leaves.)

Oh hell, and prob some more titles that I am currently collecting. I am only 16 too.

I am going to buck the trend and suggest a few different ones. More DC then Marvel.

Exiles - Its the What If of its day. Great read only about 75 issues currently. I highly suggest 1-30 and 50-75.

X-men Deadly Genesis - Great premise and shows great promise.

DC - They got it together and are WAYYY better then Marvel currently.

Infinite Crisis - Probably the best new series to come across in the last 5 years at least. Perez and Lee cover with Jimenez art with a strong story makes for quite a ride.

Identity Crisis - A DC who done it mystery that sets everything in motion.

Villains United - Alot of the [embarrassing lack of self control] DC villains get in overhaul here and its done pretty well.

Day of Vengence - The underachievers in the magic community band together to stop the Spectre. Love the Blue Devil remake.

amazing spider-man

fantastic four

uncanny x-men

superman, superman vol 2

adventures of superman

batman

action comics

detective comics

thanks! makepoint.gif

batman is about the only worthwhile book out of that entire list imo

Long-running silver to modern recommendations:

Green Lantern - Silver age stuff is great to mediocre. Adams issues are classics. Modern stuff ranges from unreadable to great.

Batman/Detective - Two titles that won't get cancelled. 1970s issues are great. 1960s range from unreadable to classics. 1980s Doug Moench Batman run is unreadable. It gets better after that. 1970s Austin/Rodgers run is classic.

Fantastic Four - can't go wrong with them in the Silver or Bronze ages. Byrne's 1980s run is great and available dirt cheap.

think some new books im gonna get into is deffo the fellowing at the moment.

amazing spider-man (simply my fav super hero, ever sincei started buying ultimate spiderman)

fantastic four

batman

detective

uncanny x-men

thats it so far, a lot of books to try and get i wanna branch into superman but i dont know... still thinking i alreayd get about £10-20 of books a week don't want to spend too much money really.!