• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How much will a couple of water spots hurt a nice book?

6 posts in this topic

They are difficult to see, but there are 2 small water drops on the back cover (enlarged area shown in photo). One is right over the 2 "E's" (izE Easily). The other is over the upper right side of the man in photo. They are both pretty small, just wondering if the book was a 9.0 or 9.2, how far would this specific problem likely drop it. Thanks.

sc00016446.jpg

Would probaby turn a 9.0/9.2 book into a 7.0/7.5 book.

A full grade drop.

This assumes absolutely no penetration through to the inside cover.

If there is then knock it down to lower Fine.

It's kinda hard to tell what the grade of this book is, with only a picture of a portion of the back cover. Clearly, it has other issues, like a miswrapped cover, ect...

I didn't want a grade, that was why I only scanned in the portion of the book in question, so people wouldn't try to grade it. I wanted opinions on what this type of defect (on the back cover) would have on an otherwise nice book that looked like a 9.0/9.2 book upon first inspection. I was trying to avoid the, "that's not a 9.0, more like an 8.5" comments.