• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World East: Planning CGC Forum Get-Together

178 posts in this topic

Good News... a "Philly Phorum Get-Together" is in the works!

I called CGC and spoke to Steve today about some grading issues and to try and follow up a bit more on the "CGC legal" manipulation topic.

Afterwards, he asked me to save him some time and post an invitation to any Forum Member attending Wizard World East May 30th or May 31st who would like to have dinner with him.

He said he'd like to meet everyone and have a few laughs, answer ANY question put to him, do a few shots, and enjoy some fine Italian Cuisine at a restaurant nearby he highly recommends. He mentioned CGC will be picking up part of the bill as well... so no worries to those who spend nearly everything on books (unless you drink like a fish and eat 2 orders of Lobster Fra Diavlo) shocked.gif The plan would be to meet at the CGC table and go from there once everyone shows.

Anyway... the only real details to coordinate is which day would be better for the majority?... Friday, May 30th or Saturday, May 31st. Lunch is an option , but as we kicked it around, it sounds like DINNER would be better for several reasons... 1. no lost time on the floor nabbing CGC-able gems and 2. MORE time to get anebri.. uh, enjoy Italian cuisine and good conversation grin.gif

Anyway... this is cool... please PM me if you can join the "Philly Phorum Get-Together" and what your preferred choice of a meeting date would be so I can tally the info for SB. A firm commitment is not necessary from everyone he mentioned, but we do have to nail it down somewhat close as reservations for a large, boisterous pack of comic geeks needs to be made.

158639-WWE.gif

MAY 30TH - JUNE 1ST, 2003

PENNSYLVANIA CONVENTION CENTER

www.paconvention.com - Philadelphia, PA

Wizard Website

158639-WWE.gif.51d6652ab9c0b6cf3af5a12c404e854b.gif

Damn...I'd really like to participate, unfortunately I live in another continent.

Anyway...could someone ask how much address stamp on the back cover affects grade. (like in some old wdc&s issues)

Hell no (if you'll excuse the pun), I was only kidding! The Lord doth have a sense of humor. What other reasons could there be for Danny Thomas' and Desi Arnaz's continued success as entertainers, Spiro Agnew's political career, and a Tales of Suspense 1 with three large binder holes through the entire book CGC graded 9.2????laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

bruce:

I pm'd you... but for the general info, I'd prefer saturday to get together as well... since I don't really know any of you it'd be fun to get together and meet some fellow boarders... look forward to meeting you guys!

So far... we're leaning heavily towards Saturday Night.

Everyone on this thread, and those that have responded via PM have preferred Saturday.

I'll put together a list on Friday so we can see where we are.

Anyone can't make Saturday?

Maybe we can put togther a smaller (pay your own way) meeting on Friday too?... just without SB I'd assume.