• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World East: Planning CGC Forum Get-Together

178 posts in this topic

no biggy....hey thems the breaks......i'll probably see board members at the show and such and at the cgc area.....

Like I mentioned, we might be able to get a smaller party together for Friday night too... we'll see. I'm up for wings and beer.

I'm up for wings and beer.

If we're going to be in Philly, shouldn't we go for cheesesteaks, cheese fries and generally anything else that involves cheese?!! I'm partial to Abner's at 38th & Chestnut, though I'm certainly not opposed to seeking out Pat's, Geno's or Jim's!

Gene (1 steak, with onions and whiz, please)

Not sure about Heineken in particular, but they do have bottles in the fridge and I think they have a few beers on tap too. Plus all the cheesesteaks, cheese fries, hoagies, etc. that you could ever want!

Gene

If you live around here... you get tired of hearing about cheesesteaks and pretzels. I'm not opposed to anything though. We'll see where the evening takes us if we're partying Friday too smile.gif Your suggestion works for me since everything will be available.

I'm up for partying every night when I'm down there. So count me in for the Saturday festivities. I hear that the Paradise booth is right near the CGC booth so I'm sure I'll get to meet a few of you guys during the show.

Kev

Oh no, I'm sorry, all such forms have to be submitted in triplicate to the Home Office by no later than 10am of the next business day, in English, French and Sanskrit, and handed to the Editor by a shapely delivery girl of impeccable character and a deep and abiding interest in comics and Doctor Who.

Arnold

> Address stamp...

Are you talking about the set of CGC'd wdc&s that sold on eBay

earlier this month? If so, I was puzzled by the remarkably low

grades (FN range) due to "an address stamp on the back"). Those

books looked really nice?

If not, I'd say absolutely no effect on value assuming your books are

9.8 or below (unless the stamp says "Recil Macon", "Edgar Church"

or something like that).

---

Edit: and assuming that the stamp is no more distracting than a

subscription stamp.

Yes...those wdc&s issues are the reason why I asked about address stamp.

They really looked like seller advertised: "Easy VF book if not for the address stamp on backcover" (grammar errors are mine)

and I myself have one otherwise F/VF wdcs with address stamp on BC.

UPDATE: "Philly Phorum Get-Together"

Saturday Evening

We'll meet Steve Borock and other CGC employees? and dealers at the CGC booth and proceed to the restaraunt.

Bruce.......Bronzebruce13.........Yes

Brian........Foolkiller....................Yes

Dan..........FlyingDonut...............Yes

David.......DAM60........................Yes

Gene........DeLekerste................Yes

Tom..........TomG..........................Yes

Arnold......Arnoldt.........................Yes

Rui............Ariamus.......................Yes

Chris........Chrisco.........................Maybe?

Carl...........Darth............................Maybe?

Kevin........Kevthemev..................Maybe?

Friday Evening

We'll meet at the CGC table? and proceed to a restaraunt/bar. Unless a better plan is brought up, we can go with Gene's suggestion (as long as they have wings). Brian has also made some suggestions that are located closer (below).

Bruce.......Bronzebruce13.........Yes

George....Gman..........................Yes

Gene........DeLekerste................Yes

Kevin........Kevthemev.................Maybe?

If I have anyone's status listed wong...LMK. If anyone else wants in or wants to do Fri as well...LMK

Bru

I can't make it friday, but I thought I'd throw out a suggestion for you guys... Gene's suggestion is a good one, but it's up near University City which is a little hike away (20 blocks or so) so you guys would probably have to cab it... if you guys want some other suggestions for pub food/beer I'd suggest:

Nodding Head (well regarded and I'm fairly certain even rated well by Zagat, but it usually makes Philadelphia Magazine's Best Of)

Copacabana

Copa Too! (on South Street, a little further away)

Fado

Monk's (Great Mussels, big beer selection)

These are all within walking distance of the convention center, and I can give you guys the cross streets if you like any of those suggestions... just some thoughts.