• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Live question and answer session with Steve Borock

127 posts in this topic

Is there any way a live question and answer session between cgc and board members can be set up online? It seems that all we get are carefully worded statements and not specific answers to specific questions. Even if it's with a chosen panel of a few members asking the questions(no apologist please). The current way seems very lacking and quite frustrating. Any thoughts?

Its 1-877-NMCOMIC. I think, they should have an announcement once a week with a live question and answer. Not always Borock. Sometimes, staff. I think, this would help us get a handle on what they are doing in Sarasota.

Anyone can B.S. their way out of a rational, decent explanation over the phone and one-on-one... I'd love to see an actual Q and A style "press conference" online someplace.

That being said, Hand, there's no way in hell it will ever happen. He'd have to invite us ALL to dinner, and I'm not sure he knows of a restaurant big enough.

Would calling that number be as good as a live, online question and answer chat?With someone like say Esquirecomics or Nearmint asking questions? I just tossed those names out, I haven't discussed this with them or even know if this is something they would care to do.

1-888-NMCOMIC poke2.gif

The only problem I have with contacting this number and speaking to Steve directly is because of work day business hours. I once e-mailed Steve asking a question regarding the overhang issue, and he e-mailed me back saying to contact him between 2:00 and 3:00 P.M to discuss. At 2:15 I went to our company's conference room and gave him a call, but unfortuantely he was away from his desk. I couldn't leave a message because I didn't want the rest of my co-workers to find out I was discussing comics books during work hours when Steve called back. Therefore, I just gave up.

E-mail and the Internet have made things extremely simple to post and run without having anyone else notice. I just wish CGC can set-up a question and answer session to resolve some of these issues directly on the Net.

Would calling that number be as good as a live, online question and answer chat?

That number will connect you to customer service. If they can not answer questions ask to be transferred to a grader and hopefully they will satisfy whatever it is you'd like to find out.

smile.gif

Would calling that number be as good as a live, online question and answer chat?

That number will connect you to customer service. If they can not answer questions ask to be transferred to a grader and hopefully they will satisfy whatever it is you'd like to find out.

smile.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

1-888-NMCOMIC poke2.gif

The only problem I have with contacting this number and speaking to Steve directly is because of work day business hours. I once e-mailed Steve asking a question regarding the overhang issue, and he e-mailed me back saying to contact him between 2:00 and 3:00 P.M to discuss. At 2:15 I went to our company's conference room and gave him a call, but unfortuantely he was away from his desk. I couldn't leave a message because I didn't want the rest of my co-workers to find out I was discussing comics books during work hours when Steve called back. Therefore, I just gave up.

E-mail and the Internet have made things extremely simple to post and run without having anyone else notice. I just wish CGC can set-up a question and answer session to resolve some of these issues directly on the Net.

Good points, transparency is what I'm interested in, not something that is said over the phone and could be denied. Something that a live audience can witness and since only a few of us can be at conventions at one time, online seems to be the way to go.

<h2>LIVE ON-LINE Q&A WITH THE ONE & ONLY.....</h2>

<h1> NewtSamson </h1>

The floor is now open..... popcorn.gif

Hey I'd love to do a Q and A.....but the fact of the matter is I'm the low of the low in the company. I can not provide anything that can help nor would I be aloud to if I had any info.

Now if you'd like to ask Q and A questions about my life or my experiances with the company or even StarWars I'd be happy to respond.

I always enjoy speaking to all of you.