• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-Men: The End

13 posts in this topic

OK...is this supposed to be a possible end....like a what-if?

Or is this supposed to be carved in stone (as much as anything is in comics)?

Can we assume, then, that Gambit really is a clone of Sinister? And none of the characters in The end will ever die 'for real' up until then?

What is the point of this book??!!!

I still pick it up but it is probably the last of my pile that I get to. The storyline to me reads like an Elseworlds/What If, so any revelations like the Gambit /Sinister relationship to me is just Claremont's interpretation/explanation and not mainstream X-'gospel'

You cant take any of "THE END" stories as gospel.

Each character seems to have a totally different end of the world...

Punisher the end has the world end in a nuclear holocaust that doesent seem to be adressed in other THE END series

I'm suprised anyone reads it. I bought all of The End Vol 1 before sitting down to read it. I read issue 1, half of 2, and gave up. Claremont is dead to me.

I hated Vol. 1, but I liked Vol. 2. Go figure.

Naw, all of the "The End" books are just the end of the MU from that character's perspective. I only got the first few. I liked "Hulk: The End" cause it was kind of like the Future Imperfect books. Thanos: The End was pretty sappy. A rip off of the Infininity Gaunlet story. He kills off everyone and then sacrifices himself to restart the Universe. I'd say all of the books are just "What if" books.

I'd like to get Hulk: The End. I've heard its hard to find; but it's the best "The End" story.

I think its being reprinted in a hulk special that's going to come out in a couple of months. Its an excellent story.

Of the "The End" stories I've read it was best one. I guess it's hard to find cause not many people were thinking it was going to be an ongoing thing. The Punisher story was okay. Not as good as "Born" or "The Punisher kills the Marvel Universe". Those are my two favorite Punisher stories.