• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Greatest Copper Age Character

134 posts in this topic

Just think of how valuable those Fish police comics would have been if the series took off. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Oh tell me about it! Had a guy that wanted me to sell his comics for him online. He had all these Fish Police comics. Had a raw #1 for $35 and some others around that range. Had to break it to him that he wasn't going to get those big dollars he was dreaming of. flamed.gif

Just think of how valuable those Fish police comics would have been if the series took off. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Oh tell me about it! Had a guy that wanted me to sell his comics for him online. He had all these Fish Police comics. Had a raw #1 for $35 and some others around that range. Had to break it to him that he wasn't going to get those big dollars he was dreaming of. flamed.gif

was his name Harley Yee?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Snake eyes and storm shadow. People outside of comics actually know who these characters are.

But they weren't created in the comic medium. They were already action figures.....

True, but they, like Frampton...."Came alive" in the comics.

was his name Harley Yee?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Nope, His name was/is Dallas. He said he use to sell comics in the 70's and 80's and wanted me to sell his stuff. However, he didn't know squat about comics and to me, he seemed shady. When he started pulling out these crappy independent books from the 80's with these big prices on them I realized he was clueless. If you're down this way I urge ya to stay away from this guy. 893naughty-thumb.gif

was his name Harley Yee?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Nope, His name was/is Dallas. He said he use to sell comics in the 70's and 80's and wanted me to sell his stuff. However, he didn't know squat about comics and to me, he seemed shady. When he started pulling out these crappy independent books from the 80's with these big prices on them I realized he was clueless. If you're down this way I urge ya to stay away from this guy. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Dallas...Stephens?

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

j/k

was his name Harley Yee?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Dallas...Stephens?

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

j/k

c'mon Sal get with the program here. Dallas Stephens isnt a shady character who wants to sell his comics. Dallas Stephens sold his comics to a shady character. tongue.gif

Hi, I'm new here, can anyone give me the approx. time for the copper era? Is it early 80's to mid-90's?

Best characters... Jon Sable is very good. Unusual that his alias writes children's books, while he's a vigilante/mercenary. Shows Mike Grell's lighter side, something that's missing in other ultraserious vigilante comics.

American Flagg is a favorite of mine, although without Chaykin at the helm, the character hasn't thrived. But...few have tried! I'd like to see a good new writer and artist tackle this character. Great character and complex world that Chaykin created with it.

Moon Knight was created in the 70's, but certainly hit a peak in the 80's run.

Cinder and Ashe from DC in 88 are two excellent characters, a man and woman who met in Vietnam and now are detective/mercenaries. I don't know if these characters ever popped up again, but they should.

I'm guessing The Darkness is Modern Age ('97)? I like the edge of this character, a gangster who gains the power of the darkness.

It appears as if a consensus cannot be reached.

The TMNT are the mos arguably the most widely known characters to come out of Copper. How many of you would agree with this?

BronzeJohnny