• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Greatest Copper Age Character

134 posts in this topic

Hello Fellow Forumites!

The Golden Age brought us Superman.

The Silver Age introduced us to Spider-Man.

The Bronze Age gave us Wolverine.

But who is the greatest comic book character to come out of the Copper Age?

Sincerely,

BronzeJohnny

There are so many good copper age characters - the aforementioned Constantine, V from V for Vendetta, Venom, Hobgoblin, Sandman (the Vertigo version - he barely makes the end of the 1980s), Gambit, TMNT, Miracleman (if you count the revival by Moore as a different character)...and I'm sure there are some decent ones we're forgetting.

elektra 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Elektra is probably the best bet. She's a well-known and popular character now, and likely to be so for a very long time. She even had her own movie before Wolverine!

gossip.gif Too bad she's Bronze Age.

You are wrong, Miller's DD run was in the Copper Age. makepoint.gif

lol, not according to OS who have extended BA significantly to allow dealers to sell off 1980's crepe as "Bronze Age Investment Books".

Even if I don't agree with their insanity, I've always believed that the BA ended with the Death of Elektra of DD 181, either that of the Death of Phoenix in X-Men 137 - take yer pick.

I've always believed that the BA ended with the Death of Elektra of DD 181, either that of the Death of Phoenix in X-Men 137 - take yer pick.

Well, I guess either way Elektra isn't really much of a Copper Age character, given the fact that she was dead for pretty much all of it. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

no love for Badger? GrimJack? Grips? Usagi Yojimbo? Dreadstar? Beta Ray Bill? Storm Shadow? Jubilee? TMNT? Venom? Cannonball? Mage? Flaming Carrot? Samuree? the Mark? Armor? Silver Streak?

i really could go on, but what would be the point