• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Greatest Copper Age Character

134 posts in this topic

I've always believed that the BA ended with the Death of Elektra of DD 181, either that of the Death of Phoenix in X-Men 137 - take yer pick.

Well, I guess either way Elektra isn't really much of a Copper Age character, given the fact that she was dead for pretty much all of it. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Like I said. She's BA. acclaim.gif

The Greatest Copper Age Character is....

The Alien Symbiote

Both when it's Black Costumed Spidey and then later as Venom.

I prefer Hobgoblin if we are talking CA Spidey villains. makepoint.gif

Me too, but the beauty of the Alien Symbiote is that it works on three levels - I actually liked the Black Costume, then we got to see it as an enemy on its own, and then later still as the hybrid Venom.

It's a threesome, a three-way, a trio, a triple play... 27_laughing.gif

It's interesting that we still don't have any consesus as to who was Copper's great contribution to ComicBookDom. Does Copper have a character that can sit at the podium with Wolverine, Superman, Batman, and Spidey?

Or has Copper simply (in some particular way) redefined the traditional comic book character(s)?

bronzejohnny

It's interesting that we still don't have any consesus as to who was Copper's great contribution to ComicBookDom. Does Copper have a character that can sit at the podium with Wolverine, Superman, Batman, and Spidey?

Or has Copper simply (in some particular way) redefined the traditional comic book character(s)?

bronzejohnny

My top 5 picks:

1. Miracleman

2. Sandman (Gaiman)

3. John Constantine

4. Venom

5. Beta Ray Bill