• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ON EBAY: 5 Painted Pages from Green Lantern: Brightest Day/Blackest Night

21 posts in this topic

Got some of my cluttered threads cleaned up so I could post what will hopefully be the final announcement about these pages. Keeping it simple and getting back to basics, I have 5 Green Lantern painted pages by John K. Snyder III on Ebay. Starting bid is $899.99 and there is NO RESERVE. The pages supposedly originally sold for $3500, and I paid $2000 on Ebay, so here's a chance for a nice bargain.

The pages are beautiful, but I need the funds for other purchases.

Green Lantern Auction!

Happy bidding!

J

Got some of my cluttered threads cleaned up so I could post what will hopefully be the final announcement about these pages. Keeping it simple and getting back to basics, I have 5 Green Lantern painted pages by John K. Snyder III on Ebay. Starting bid is $899.99 and there is NO RESERVE. The pages supposedly originally sold for $3500, and I paid $2000 on Ebay, so here's a chance for a nice bargain.

The pages are beautiful, but I need the funds for other purchases.

Green Lantern Auction!

Happy bidding!

J

Didn't you say you weren't going to end the auctions early?

"Honesty is the best policy."

I saw little activity on those two pages, while receiving mid-level offers on the other three pages. I decided to consolidate all the pages together and "let the chips fall where they may" on the auction, and stop putzing around with auctioning some and taking offers on others. Originally I had toyed around with the idea of keeping the latter three pages, as I like them quite a bit.

I'm not a proponent of ending items early, as it usually means the pages were sold off Ebay without giving anyone a shot at them. In this case, those pages are still on Ebay, with others thrown into the mix.

Thanks for the heat, though. I fully expected and deserved it after breaking one of my cardinal rules. Hopefully, in the future, I'll be less wishy washy about my plans for my OA.

Best,

J

If you were going to let the chips fall where they may, as you stated in a previous thread that has now been mysteriously deleted, then you wouldn't have gone from .99 cents to $800-. Now I can understand why you did it, given a $2000- investment was looking like a $1500- loss, but it is the sneakiness that burns me up.

Good luck with your new listing.

Re: Deleted Threads -- I asked the mods to delete 2 of my previous threads because all of my wishy washiness had led to three threads on basically the same topic.

Re: $$$ -- However much I lose on the pages is unaffected by the auctions I removed. I expected very little from those pages, as the bulk of the value is in the final three. I would have started those three pages at the same starting bid, and I'd be surprised if those two pages affected the final price. The monetary effect is probably the same as if I'd let those two individual pages run their course. So no net loss and no net gain from my actions.

Re: Sneakiness -- Not very sneaky of me to explain this every step of the way in a public forum. The practice of ending auctions early on Ebay is fairly common in the OA world, and while I don't at all make a habit of it, I felt it was warrented given the connectedness of the 5 pages. I just felt that whoever got those three should get all five. It was a judgement call. Sorry if you were looking forward to bidding on one of those pages, or if you disagree.

Best,

Jonathan

You should have given up while you were ahead.

One of the threads you deleted bemoaned the fact that the original art you had up was going for a song and how it was bought originally for $3500- and then you bought it for $2000- and now it was going for nothing and that you were going to let things ride because you didn't believe in ending auctions early and you will just have to bear the pain. Well you lied.......

At the time of closing the auctions...one page was at $10- and another page was at $50-. So these other three pages (based on your $2000- purchase) are worth 95% of the value?

You have tried to cover your tracks and hide your lies, it has nothing to do with Public Forums and it has nothing to do with you changing your mind and doing the right thing by the person who buys the other three pages. You were in risk of getting burnt big time and you hadn't protected yourself with a reserve.

Your continued insistence that you haven't misled makes you look ridiculous. 893naughty-thumb.gif

I've said all I have to say on the matter, and stand by what I've written above. I think we're turning the issue of ending 2 Ebay auctions early into a bigger deal than it is!

J

I couldn't give a rat's arse about whether you end an auction or not, that is your perogative, however, when you mislead this forum and try to gloss over your deception then it get's my blood boiling. As far as I am concerned you can peddle your bulls*h*i*t somewhere else.

Hi Mushroom,

I just want to state that I won an auction on eBay from Jon in late October for a John Cassaday page that was about 1/4 of the price that the dealer sold it for originally. Now I'm not sure if Jon was the original buyer but either way, the auction ended at a price much lower than he anticipated. In fact, it was a lot lower than I anticipated. Jon could have ended that auction early as at the end it looked pretty certain that the auction had "fell through the cracks" for whatever reason. But he didn't and went through with the transaction with no complaints. In fact, he packed it up well, shipped it to me in record time, and left me positive feedback instantly. thumbsup2.gif

Now, I can't read Jon's mind but if he were indeed the type to pull something like this purposely, why didn't he do it then on a page that was imo worth much more than either of these lesser panel GL pages (with no GL)? While I agree with you, Mushroom, that it doesn't 'look' good for Jon to stop and start these, based on my prior experience with Jon, I do believe him when he says he had second thoughts and that whomever won the 3 other 'better' pages should also have these pages.

Just my thoughts... confused-smiley-013.gif

Lamb

Now, I can't read Jon's mind but if he were indeed the type to pull something like this purposely, why didn't he do it then on a page that was imo worth much more than either of these lesser panel GL pages (with no GL)? While I agree with you, Mushroom, that it doesn't 'look' good for Jon to stop and start these, based on my prior experience with Jon, I do believe him when he says he had second thoughts and that whomever won the 3 other 'better' pages should also have these pages.

Agreed. I've done several deals with Jon involving a decent bit of change and will say that he is definitely one of the good guys.

He may be responsible for the increased cost of Sandman pages, but that's another issue mad.gif

To be honest guys I am not making any comment about him as a person or the quality of his deals. As a matter of fact if he had just taken my little dig then I would have let the whole thing alone but he lied and then proceeded to try and cover it all up.

He categorically stated that he would not be ending the auctions early under any circumstances and then went and did it. He lied!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A great bargain is in the making for someone to pick up these 5 beautifully painted and detailed pages!

Why, you gonna relist them at a $0.99 starting bid? poke2.gif

No, sir. I'm going to sell them for at least $899.99. If you look at what pages from the same issue are selling for here:

http://www.whatashock.com/doasales/js2.html

...you'll see that $900 for these 5 pages is an incredibly sweet bargain, and really, the price should go much higher. (hence the $900 starting price) Arguably, two of these five pages are the best of the issue.

Best,

J