• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GA Alphabet Soup

535 posts in this topic

Is that 3rd "D" "Dandy Comics"? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That seems correct. I looked at Dandy before but I couldn't find any that looked right. I just looked on Heritage and found a copy of Dandy # 7 that fits the bill. smile.gif

Especially since my guess of "DC" is sooooo close to "EC." smile.gif In fact, I believe it belongs to "Dandy Comics # 1!"

Is that 3rd "D" "Dandy Comics"? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That seems correct. I looked at Dandy before but I couldn't find any that looked right. I just looked on Heritage and found a copy of Dandy # 7 that fits the bill. smile.gif

Especially since my guess of "DC" is sooooo close to "EC." smile.gif In fact, I believe it belongs to "Dandy Comics # 1!"

Bingo guys!! Now, keep going there are three puzzles there for you, isn't there. Plus, no-one has cracked the CGC FORUM one completely.

Yeah, this is a superb thread. I've been checking in through the day but never in time to actually beat anyone to the punch. (I'm batting around 50%, but that is without consulting any research materials such as Gerber.)

Scrooge, I think what you've established here, research-wise, is that we really do remember the logos of GA comics! To a much greater extent than I would've guessed.

Cheers,

Marc

Batman exCiting Dan Dare Hoppy the Marvel Bunny(a dark day for Fawcett, indeed!!) Jack Pot, (I should know what the M is), Xmas Comics. I know, that isn't all of them but its what I have right now.

You've got two correct in there. There's one I thought you had from a previous comment but, nope, good try but not correct. Oh and yeah, you should know what the M is. In your defense, the M would probably also trip me despite its obviousness. I shall say no more.

HoC, that's the point I was trying to make to tth2. These logos are striking!

The N reminds me of New Funnies for some reason. T reminds me of Terrors of the Jungle, just because it seems there was some bamboo theme in that logo.

Or not!

You're on the right "track" for the T. The N is only "loosely" GA really.