• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who here owns a complete issue of OA?

20 posts in this topic

I am curious to see how many people here own an entire issue of original art. It seems to me to be very hard to accomplish. I own the entire issue of Thor #78 which was made possible with help from both penciler Scot Eaton and inker Drew Geraci. I am also curious what the seasoned collectors here think would be a ballpark value for this issue. It is pretty much wall to wall battle between Thor and Desak and every page can be seen on my website. It would take extraordinary circumstances for me to ever consider selling it, but I am curious what other collectors think about it. Does owning the entire issue put any kind of premium on the pages?

I know that there is currently an entire issue (minus the cover) of House of M: Fantastic Four #2 (also ironically penciled by Scot Eaton) currently up for auction on EBAY from the inker. It has been up for auction a few times, but has yet to recieve the minimum bid. Historically, what has been the market for entire issues? Your comments and thoughts would be appreciated.

Thor_78_cover.jpg

My eventual goal is to get a complete Superman issue that Wieringo did. However this is a long term plan as they've all been broken up and I don't know where they've all gone.

Congratulations on being able to acquire an entire issue.

I've got the complete issue of the Deathmate Epilogue cover & interiors. Half of the book was done by Joe Quesada and the other half was by Mark Silvestri. Really nice stuff from those guys while they were peaking in the mid '90's! Here's the cover...

21TDIN.jpg

And an interior page...

21TDINA.jpg

I've got the complete issue of the Deathmate Epilogue cover & interiors. Half of the book was done by Joe Quesada and the other half was by Mark Silvestri. Really nice stuff from those guys while they were peaking in the mid '90's!

Great stuff!

Did you purchase it all complete, or piece it together yourself?

I've got the complete issue of the Deathmate Epilogue cover & interiors. Half of the book was done by Joe Quesada and the other half was by Mark Silvestri. Really nice stuff from those guys while they were peaking in the mid '90's!

Great stuff!

Did you purchase it all complete, or piece it together yourself?

It was complete when I got it. I don't know if I would've went for it had it been everything but the cover or missing one page. It would suck trying to track down something forever,especially if the guy that has that one piece knows you need it!!

I own a few complete stories and this one is my favorite... and yes, I think they should command a premium because they are getting tougher and tougher to acquire as more and more get broken up. Dan

FF story

Holy Moley, Dan - that's one of the coolest things I've ever seen here! hail.gif

In a way, I own an entire set of OA for a single comic. Meant to be released as a convention exclusive comic book, Transformers: The Wreckers #4 was cancelled after the artist completed the cover and four interior pages. I managed to buy all of that artwork as well as one page that managed to get inked. So while it may not be 22 pages, it is a complete set. ;-)

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=15519

I've been lucky ehough to get PREACHER 62 entire issue bought as a whole and several complete 3page stories by James LeMay. The LeMay stories may only be 3 pages long, but each is 'STUFFED FULL' of intense art blush.gif

and piece together 16 of 22 pages for Lucifer 14, including the cover(an All Time Favorite)

and 28 of 40some pages from The Story Of You-Know-Who

Mike

Yeah, I saw that Eduardo Risso sells much of his 100 Bullets art as a complete issue, which is cool.

I've come close...I have 19 of 22 pages from Fables 13. I know who has the other three pages, and he doesn't want to trade them. It would be cool to have the complete book, but I know that if he were to trade them to me, it would cost me something firece...and I just don't want them that badly.

I've come close...I have 19 of 22 pages from Fables 13. I know who has the other three pages, and he doesn't want to trade them. It would be cool to have the complete book, but I know that if he were to trade them to me, it would cost me something firece...and I just don't want them that badly.

Which brings up the question - Do you(Does one) display your collection for the world to see? Or do you keep it private so you don't get raked when going after a certain page?

I've wrestle with this question frequentley. My solution is to allow my 'private' collection to only be viewed on my site if you log in. Since I only have 30 registered users to date I know not alot of people are looking/devaluing(had to get that jab in there)

Thoughts? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I used to show everything...but I've since limited my gallery. I dunno, I just feel like it's akin to tipping one's hand. I think it's great to share a handful of pieces, and perhaps even rotate them every now and again...but I'm starting to believe it's better to keep the breadth and depth of your collection a bit mysterious. Just my two cents.