• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show you favorite western comics

794 posts in this topic

Okay....ya got me on the board with this thread.

I'm mighty found of my westerns, all I can say is I wish I had more. I buy 'em when I see 'em, Hi and Low, but like everyone it comes down to how deep yur pockets are..!!?? That jingle ya hear is copper, maybe some silver but nary a gold piece among 'em.

Here's two beaters, one w/character and one w/a taste of folk art. Who did the cover on Apache Trail # 2 anyway ???

wo12.jpg

at2.jpg

Nice line-up up there. It's nice to see a good scan of the Pancho Villa thumbsup2.gif To my recollection this is the first Heck Western cover I have ever seen 893whatthe.gif

You ought to go check out the Horse Game Thread in the Gold Forum. It seems to me you know a thing or two about dem Western artists.

Yep, I saw dat horse thread but I got dizzy bouncin' between 'em all.

There was a nice HORRIFIC book on ebay yesterday/today with cover art by Heck. After two days the seller pulled it, I guess someone made him an offer he cudn't refuse. It was sittin' on 153 bucks when it got dumped.

By chance, do you know who did the cover art on Apache Trail # 2 ? I got a couple books done by this guy but I can't put my finger on who he is ?

Here's a cover by Neal Adams with nice use of color portrayin' a camp fire.

wwt13.jpg