• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show you favorite western comics

794 posts in this topic

Big mistake on my part. When I mentioned AAWC 104 I meant 113. foreheadslap.gif

Now it makes sense. Heck, I wouldn't think you'd mix up Batman 10 and Batman 11 so the comment was confused.gif. As for the desirability of AAWC # 113, of the ones I posted, it was the most "expensive". # 114 cost $10, # 104 cost as mentioned $15, and # 113 was the highest at $30. Certainly reflects that you're not the only one to like that cover.

wo3.jpg

That's a classic Heath cover!

I saying stop taking shots. We don't want you to quit posting.

Another western where you don't expect it.

1086245-SpaceWest45.jpg

1086245-SpaceWest45.jpg.79fb6ffa1021f0bf43d505241c8c34e4.jpg

The last two times that copy of Rawhide Kid showed up on ebay I was left holdin' my....

Actually, all three of those books slipped thru my hands.

That Arrowhead is pretty nice, to say the least!!

You wouldn't happen to have a copy of Western Thrillers # 1 that doesn't have ink bleed-over on the cover?

What else ya got in your war chest?

..........Tks for the post!!

wk5.jpg

As for AAW, it is one of my least favorite covers in the run even though that solid red background sure is eye-catching ...

I like it, but maybe because it's got one of my personal favorite western bits--the gloved hands wrestling for a gun. (The gloved part is crucial. smirk.gif)

Watching Will Penny for the first time right now btw.

Marc

The last two times that copy of Rawhide Kid showed up on ebay I was left holdin' my....

Actually, all three of those books slipped thru my hands.

That Arrowhead is pretty nice, to say the least!!

You wouldn't happen to have a copy of Western Thrillers # 1 that doesn't have ink bleed-over on the cover?

What else ya got in your war chest?

..........Tks for the post!!

Sorry but I don't have Western Thrillers #1. Here are a couple more kool covers.

IMKVO-kk100.jpg

I absolutely love this cover!

WFARC-wildbill.jpg

As for AAW, it is one of my least favorite covers in the run even though that solid red background sure is eye-catching ...

I like it, but maybe because it's got one of my personal favorite western bits--the gloved hands wrestling for a gun. (The gloved part is crucial.)

There was a discourse earlier between Scrooge & adamstrange which talked all around AAW 109 without mentioning it, I was curious why so I thought I'd post it hoping for a comment.

I agree, the glove hand wrestling for the gun.....the frozen in time struggle w/in the solid red back ground brings images of what's too come.

I've never been much for AAWs but the exchange between Scrooge & adamstrange was worth paying attention too. Specifically Scrooge's comment on AAW 104;

One aspect of this cover I really like is the change in emphasis in each of the three panels. Let me try to explain what I mean by having you concentrate on the depiction of the bull-head neck-tie. In the first shot, the furthest away with the full-shot, no attention to detail is in, just the idea of the neck-tie is present. In the what-s-the-name again second shot, you find the most detailed version of the neck-tie to help better give personality to the character. In the full-shot, it was the body position who projected the character. Finally, in the last frame, in the close-up, the neck-tie is no longer as detailed but rather the facial expression is emphasis as this is where the focus has shifted. Maybe, I'm making too much out of it but it certainly is a favorite of mine.

I don't think he was making too much of it....

I'm posting at random with this one.....I happen to like the story the cover depicts....

wf6.jpg