• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

High grade Batman run...comiclink focused auction

90 posts in this topic

I really do hope some of you manage to grab a few of these babies 893whatthe.gif!!! It amazes me that someone would be able to part with this run.I didn't have a chance to look at all of them,but that # 59 sure is a beaut for 8.5.Seeing all those got me to thinking

how nice it would be to have a DC Archive edition that collected all of the Professor Nichols time travel stories.Do any of you know how many of those there were?GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

Same goes for me. They were listed at a nose bleed price on Clink before. These are actually mostly from the 1st Batman listing on CLink. I tried to pick up several then, but was outbid even when I went almost 4x guide. At some level, I don't regret missing out on them. Lets see where they go this time.

Are these the same books (unsold or flipped) from the last bats c link auction? Or totally new books? I seem to remember some of those books from last year's auction. Nice books for sure!

These books have been on their site and havent sold for what the sellers are asking.

Same goes for me. They were listed at a nose bleed price on Clink before. These are actually mostly from the 1st Batman listing on CLink. I tried to pick up several then, but was outbid even when I went almost 4x guide. At some level, I don't regret missing out on them. Lets see where they go this time.

yeah but what is key for me is that I know what they were looking for on these books. They didnt sell at that prices the sellers were looking for so if they reach that price now I will know full well that they are being shilled. Not by Comiclink because I know they wouldnt waste their time but by the sellers.

Also, there are several that look like they were pressed poorly. I will look at them more carefully and see which ones I think fit into this category, but if to look at the top and bottom spines, you will see the corner actually extend outward. The Batman 50 is an example of it. I am not saying it has been pressed, but it looks a little off, so no bid from me. Not interested in paying for an 8.5 pressed into a 9.4. My rule is "if it looks odd, pass!"

Also, there are several that look like they were pressed poorly. I will look at them more carefully and see which ones I think fit into this category, but if to look at the top and bottom spines, you will see the corner actually extend outward. The Batman 50 is an example of it. I am not saying it has been pressed, but it looks a little off, so no bid from me. Not interested in paying for an 8.5 pressed into a 9.4. My rule is "if it looks odd, pass!"

Good rule. thumbsup2.gif

Me, I am going to try to bag the Batman #15 Apparent NM- with only slight restoration. I should be able to get it at a reasonable price since there are so many restoration haters out there! Better for me!

Me, I am going to try to bag the Batman #15 Apparent NM- with only slight restoration. I should be able to get it at a reasonable price since there are so many restoration haters out there! Better for me!

You might have some competition...both myself and batman_fan have our eyes on the #15. hi.gif

That Batman #15 is gonna look real nice between my #14 and #16! That Batman #85 in 8.0 is really nice too, its from a tough time period to find high grade books!

Some very nice books in this auction. Judging from past focused auctions, though, I'm not sure if there will be any "deals" out there for collectors. Josh seems to get the most out of his auctions which is good for him and a testament to his site. I considered adding my Batman #8 to this sale, but ultimately passed. The no reserve policy scared me off a bit as a seller. But judging from Comiclink's past auction results, I probably shouldn't have been.

Good rule. thumbsup2.gif

Once again I'm almost afraid to bid on anything in a CGC holder for fear of buying an "improved" book. This is even more true for heritage. I'm also betting that there are a lot of collectors out there who want to clean out their collection of these book and even books that they bought from Heritage that may or may not have been improved.So watch out for books being dumped from collections and bid accordingly.I think that people who say that they're okay with "improved" book have a lot in their collection and/or practice the improvement game.