• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

High grade Batman run...comiclink focused auction

90 posts in this topic

that was always the knock on Twilights. Many guys thought they were a little too 'dark'...but they sure look nice, and have ben grading out well. If the Bethlehems are as consistently nice as the other runs Ive seen, they should be in the 7.5 to 9.0 range. Not too shabby for this period... But I dont think we

l know the final tally for Bats bewteen 70 and 120 lets say for quite a while... still not much incentive to get them slabbed as yet. Just always seems funy to get excited about HGC when its a 7.0....

I'm tired so my meaning may not have been clear:

RE: Twilights may be structurally nice but I'm not impressed by what I've seen so far

What I meant by "not impressed" was not regarding the grades, just that the copies I've seen don't look like pedigrees.

Ive heard the inside front cover tanning comment so many times... but to me, the Twilights are so structurally sound, its forgiveable. The outer covers are just fine. Overall, I think they got a bad name right from the start, maybe more directed at the dealers who marketed them, if thats possible, than the books themselves. Im not to worried about interior defects compared to cover and spine damage.

Im curious about something, and hope others here know the answer. So far we have seen a few Pedigree Batmans come up for sale, here and there. But no Churches, Allentowns, Penns etc. Im not sure which Pedigrees HAD full runs, but my question is, how big a grain of salt should we take with ANY book lower than 9.0 that is marketed as Highest Graded copy? How about the 7.5s and 8.0s above #50 that are the Best so far? Arent there at least 2 or 3 BETTER copies raw out there?

Most GA collectors know Anderson has the MH copies of Batman 1-17, however a collector in California has most of the Batman MH's from 18-55... but he will never sell.

West

What about the # 41?I wish I had bid on that one.That would have been worth $328 plus an additional $50 to have the staples cleaned if they hadn't been already.That's a tough book in grade.What a steal.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

batman416br.jpg

this one's a keeper

How about Anderson would he sell?

Isn't his son also a collector? Sounds like the collection will be passed on to him. But who knows.

Depends how the Dentist has structured his estate. If someone clues the IRS in as to how valuable this collection is, some books might have to be sold when he passes on to deal with the estate taxes.