• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ewert Customer Contact Task for Litigation/Re-Certification Options… Volunteers?

217 posts in this topic

Updated Volunteer List:

Original Volunteers Not Confimred:

PM's sent... no reply yet.

If I don't hear from the below forumites by Friday, I'll assume they are not available at this time to assist.

Awe4one (Jim) ?

CaptainsofIndustry (AK) ?

Nexus (Felix) ?

Shadrock (Bill) ?

Confirmed Volunteers:

Arex (Arex)

Blowout (Lee)

Burntboy (Harry)

CGCWorld (Jim)

Davenport

Flaming Telepath (Nick) (counts as "2"... doing a double shift)

Flying Doughball (Dan)

Jbud73 (Jason)

kc120us (Casey)

Mushroom (John)

Musicmeta (Michael)

Murph (Brian)

PointFive (Jon)

QualityComix (Brent)

Saco (Shin)

WorldsBestComics (Steve)

Zipper66 (Steve)

18 total volunteers since Nick's doing a double.

Looks like each volunteer will get closer to 20 contacts each.

I'll be posting the contacts assignments Friday or Saturday.

I will then PM the contact text to each volunteer or post it in this thread for a "copy & paste"

Also... there will be a "Ewert Follow Up" and another "Litigation Update" with a downloadble "MS Word Form" in the upcoming GPA Electronic Newletter.

This should make it easier for new potential litigants to participate. After the MS Word is filled out it can easily be forwarded to either of the 3 lawers.

Thanks Jim and Felix too...

Final Volunteer List:

Arex (Arex)

Awe4one (Jim)

Blowout (Lee)

Burntboy (Harry)

CGCWorld (Jim)

Davenport

Flaming Telepath (Nick) (counts as "2"... doing a double shift)

Flying Doughball (Dan)

Jbud73 (Jason)

kc120us (Casey)

Mushroom (John)

Musicmeta (Michael)

Murph (Brian)

Nexus (Felix)

PointFive (Jon)

QualityComix (Brent)

Saco (Shin)

WorldsBestComics (Steve)

Zipper66 (Steve)

20 total volunteers since Nick's doing a double.

I'll be posting the contacts assignments Friday or Saturday.

I will then PM the contact text to each volunteer or post it in this thread for a "copy & paste"

Also... there will be a "Ewert Follow Up" and another "Litigation Update" with a downloadble "MS Word Form" in the upcoming GPA Electronic Newletter.

This should make it easier for new potential litigants to participate. After the MS Word is filled out it can easily be forwarded to either of the 3 lawers.

I'm in Bruce...sorry I didn't get back sooner but just got back from an exercise...

Jim

Geez Jim, how long does it take for you to do some darn jumping jacks! poke2.gif

27_laughing.gif I wish...spent the last 5 days working 20 hour days and sleeping on the concrete floor of the Wing Operations Center... insane.gif

Jim

Hi Bruce,

I asked this before, but I think it got lost in the shuffle:

Will the text include a link to a Forum thread where questions can be answered, or to an FAQ of some sort?

Thinking about it further, I wonder if many of these buyers who don't know Ewart's name (I would have a hard time naming the sellers I bought from last year) will think this is some kind of weird scam through ebay, and either ignore it or be skeptical of the info. And, after all, my ebay account name will be the one that they see. A quick link to more info on the situation would be helpful, I would think. Above all, I want to make sure that this outreach has the desired effect.

Many thanks,

Jon

we'll do our best Jon, that's all we can do. Some of Ewerts Ebay customers may ignore the message or dismiss it for various reasons, but I don't see a better soloution. If we receive a poor response, we could send the same message 2-3 times... get new volunteers to send a new message... or have the current volunteers swap contact lists and try again.

I will be creating a new thread to direct the newcomers too. Feel free to include information I may overlook on the thread.

Contact Assignments will be coming shortly...

Volunteer Assignments

Please PM me to confirm that you have located your assignment contact list (below). The "contact text" to use is available in the next post below. If you see a contact that you recognize as a current forumite and/or someone you know is aware of what's going on, obviously skip that one. I know there are some.

NOTE: It has come to my attention that some ebay members can only contact (1) new ebay member per day via the ebay system while other can contact more. So, this may become a "one a day" 17 Day Project for some unfortunately. However, if any of the contacts are sellers and have any items for sale currently, they can be contacted via "Ask a Seller a Question". So give that a try if you are experiencing a limit.

Also, Casey was able to contact multiple ebayers by going to the site map, clicking "View a members feedback"... entering the ebay member's id... then clicking "Contact Member" from their member profile.

The "contact text" directs newly contacted Ejaenter Customers to a new thread I've started that will include a synopsis link to the Ewert Scandal and also provide newcomers with a "friendly" Q & A venue.

Lot 1: Arex (Arex)

007comix

1407graymalkin

1965mustanggt

2151cain

29dukedog

2fun4me2

4gemworks

66toronadoman

711crap

74jmt

777666gdad

9712charles

a_ratcliffe

aaaaaspidey

aardvarkps

aces2579

acroyear

Lot 2: Awe4one (Jim)

addictedtoasm

adonisindenver24*7

allofem

allpubz

altam

amra1sca

angelus69

antemoss

aprilandjohn

ar-aich

ariel6618

artbooks77

artidore

asamism

ashoolya

asmodai1701

atomicsalesdept

Lot 3: Blowout (Lee)

avengers154

avengers54

avilazone

b1c2t3t4

baneofpharoah

barton88

batman3820

beaniekid3

bearhawk7777

blanca5

brainiac-5

brodway

brodyaga96

bronxbandit

bucephalus500

buck6210

buckingham303

Lot 4: Burntboy (Harry)

busterhawk66

camden

canmanbill

cantbreak80

capeguy1955

captains_of_industry

cardcomsales

celainej1

cgcworlds*yahoo*com

chuckndabs

clarkkentdds

cluny61

colmorecomics

colorado_comics

comgeek

comic_nutz

comic4848

Lot 5: CGCWorld (Jim)

comicgenius04

comiclink

comicmylars

comicsarefun

comicsnhoops1

comictradingpost

comicvigilante

con-arc

crazyedmiami

csgmcse

cxnkr13

dageaux38

dalej9640

darcy*s-my-girl

daredevilsmr

darthdiesel

davesdougout

Lot 6: Davenport

daviddickman

davidl001

dbstrong22

deano5695

deantam

de-mented

dharmax

dizneyart

djxl36

dl3r

dlnewco

docairman

drewjake

dr-fantastic

eclair715

ekul1

elijahsnow

Lot 7&8: Flaming Telepath (Nick) (double lot)

eman31

endo-jeff

enzlers

eromerom

escaflown4

eugenie6175

everton12

fin-uga

firebird69

fitful

fitzer13

floomdorm

flying-donut

forznoles

friendinpennsylvania

frovisco

fury151

fyu2

gaflash

getinmybelly!

gkirwiniii

gloryglorytosouthsydney

gogocentral

gpcadigan

grandpasvillage

grider67

gwentleaf

hbson59

headhunter101

heang22

herculesjaws

hermanmoore

heroes-world

highend_collectibles

Lot 9: Flying Doughball (Dan)

highgrade_comixx

hitman1099

hobgoblin1978

hostileterritory

hpg1701

hulk...smash!!!!

hulktom

iamshellhead

icculus308

icingdeath

iguanascomicbookcafe

imagcoll

inked3

ironmanc74

is2959

ivegotneatstuff

jabba-bill

Lot 10: Jbud73 (Jason)

this is Bill Hughs

jabba-bill

jacobjj

jamukah

jasons-auctions

jcdenton59

jel444

jimmysthebestrecordsandcomics

jimvbull

jlatko

joegibbs828791

joemaggio

joeyb8802

john72tex

johnnymongoose

joshg899

jthomp81

Lot 11:kc120us (Casey)

k.tucker

kagemusha7s

kara.lives

kc120us

kevinandyvonne

kil1233vzs

kira567

kleinchrome

korvacsaga

lawyerboy7

leeboytwo

leekola

leon2arch

letxequals

littlesteffi

lookin2retire

loscabos4

Lot 12: Murph (Brian)

lxg44

machiavelli23

majrpane

mansion30

marlede

mavryk48

mbhighlander63

mercykilling

metalquest

metrei1

metscape

microbia

mikeragnarokcapital

mikerusselldaniels

missinghubcaps

modernegal

mollyandtimber

Lot 13: Mushroom (John)

moltenman

mordo

mr.highgrade

mr.swizzle

mr_cs_comics

mrb1onde

mrbarfly1990

mrmojorison

mumf69

murman_100

mysticrealist

nakedear

namisgr

nemesiskid

newspike718

norrin34

norrinraddff48

Lot 14: Musicmeta (Michael)

not_brand_echh

nrasmus

oldnstupid

opknight

overstreet33

paradiseinvestmentconcepts

patgacvan

philou_12

porkchump

prots_comics

psyles483m

pthomas3

putnam6401

putneyfolklovesdcwar

pvukits

queenstower

r1970d

Lot 15: Nexus (Felix)

raider_711

rapid_fire_comics

raygid

rdrite1

redf1shing

redmaaxx

redsbraves

redspyder6661gq

redtrianimal

renttan

rho10

rider33

rjtcollectibles

rob53157

robojo33

robshel

rochland2

Lot 16: PointFive (Jon)

rockwellna

ronakasam

russlaw01

rzipp65

salbuck2

sandybackltd

sannic1

sauron_88

scottieeye

scottocomics

scrowner

seamus54

serpi8ul9

shannonmtr8uuu

shaqfan29

shaun_2

shroud444

Lot 17: QualityComix (Brent)

silow

silver2761

silveragedc

silver-age-fanatic

silveragelaz

silversurfing

slay

snotherly

spider9698

spunky_do

spyridonsophie

starman221

steel-city!

sullypython

superhero10_0

supermanangel123

superpicky

Lot 18: Saco (Shin)

taengineering

tdjung

thadly7

the_mighty_queesht!

the_moneygoround

the_rocketeer!

thebatwhispers

theblueandgold

thecatman99

theecomicguy

theodinson

theometalhead2

thorkita

time-vault

tlsmith11

toader212

tobyhowes

Lot 19: WorldsBestComics (Steve)

tofer118

tomega

tony-toronto

topshelfcomics

toucorox

trinketts

trmoore54

ttuck72

twocoldaces

ursiny

usdoor

valleyowl

version01

vpcomics

w0lverin

Lot 20: Zipper66 (Steve)

wallstmw

webandclaws

westlake96

weweir

wigscomics

wild_thing_in_color

windsorsmith

windywire10

wocw

wombatman123

worldsbestcomics

www-ultimatemarvel-com

wzrdglf

xactokid

ydarenger

zbcangv

I've decided to just post the copy here for an easy "copy & paste" and save all volunteers and myself the added hassle of PMing the info. Don't copy & paste the "++++++++++" seperators.

NOTE: after you paste this information to your computer (whether as an email draft, word doc, etc.) YOU WILL HAVE TO REMOVE THE "<" AND ">" FROM BOTH ENDS OF THE URL before you paste into the ebay system. I had to include them here in order for the full URL to display without some "auto-truncation" within the forum software.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Dear Fellow CGC Collector,

Volunteers are helping contact POSSIBLE VICTIMS who recently bought at least (1) CGC Comic from Ebay Seller EJAENTER (Jason Ewert). PLEASE visit the CGC Forum NOW to learn about this Serious SCANDAL. Evidence suggests Ewert was responsible for having comics TRIMMED and then submitting them to CGC, with the perceived intent to obtain Blue Label UNRESTORED Universal Grades to then sell to unsuspecting victims!

CGCs Primary Grader/President Steve Borock has BANNED EWERT from ever submitting to CGC and has offered to Re-Certify any Ejaenter CGC Book for FREE. Since it is possible you unknowingly purchased a trimmed CGC book in a Blue Label please take advantage of this offer. Any Non-Recertified Ejaenter comic (w/CGC Serial Numbers that are public) can be identified when a sale is attempted. Please protect yourself and act now!

Here is the URL:

<http://boards.collectors-society.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=1085485&an=0&page=0#Post1085485>

Thank you!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

NOTE: after you paste this information to your computer (whether as an email draft, word doc, etc.) YOU WILL HAVE TO REMOVE THE "<" AND ">" FORM BOTH ENDS OF THE URL before you paste into the ebay system. I had to include them here in order for the full URL to display without some "auto-truncation" within the forum software.

Great... I really have a good handle on this project don't I? boo.gif

It appears ebay won't allow for a URL. I have to edit the contact text.

It has come to my attention that you can only contact (1) new ebay member per day via the ebay system. So, this may become a "one a day" 17 Day Project unfortunately. However, if any of the contacts are sellers and have any items for sale currently, they can be contacted via "Ask a Seller a Question".

How hard is it to find the email addy and just send it out via your personal email?

I have no solution for locating the Ebay Contacts actual email addys. Do you?

How hard is it to find the email addy and just send it out via your personal email? confused-smiley-013.gif

I dont know how to do it either.

Anyone out there help us out with this?

I've decided to just post the copy here for an easy "copy & paste" and save all volunteers and myself the added hassle of PMing the info. Just add your name to the bottom.

Good to go. hi.gif But I do have a comment/question. Is that the "lawyer text"? confused.gif

Reading it, to me, it has an 'in your face' negative quality to it. Kind of a veiled threat. Shouldn't it have more of a "you may have been victomized" tone, a friendly heads-up to a person who may've been scammed? Or at least a "thank you" in there somewhere for taking their time...

Just asking. confused.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

truth be told, I just edited the lawyers text (which can be found in 98% of its original form in the new contact thread) and added the ending myself. Perhaps I should have sought some feedback. I appreciate your comments. How do you suggest I alter the last portion? Keep in mind the character limit.

truth be told, I just edited the lawyers text (which can be found in 98% of its original form in the new contact thread) and added the ending myself. Perhaps I should have sought some feedback. I appreciate your comments. How do you suggest I alter the last portion? Keep in mind the character limit.

Uh, well, here... I quickly rewrote it (I didn't do a character count). Anyway, just a little less harsh and more inviting (I hope)....

Dear Fellow Comic Collector

Volunteers are helping notify possible victims. You are being contacted as a courtesy as you recently bought at least (1) CGC Comic from Ebay Seller EJAENTER. Please, we URGE you to visit the CGC Forum to learn more about a SCAM involving eBay seller Jason Ewert (Ejaenter) and CGC graded comics. Evidence suggests he was responsible for having comics TRIMMED and then submitting them to CGC, with the perceived intent to obtain Blue Label UNRESTORED Universal Grades and then sell them to unsuspecting customers!

CGCs Primary Grader /President Steve Borock BANNED EWERT from ever submitting to CGC again and has offered to Re-Certify any Ejaenter CGC Book for FREE. Since it is possible you unknowingly purchased a trimmed CGC book in a Blue Label please follow through with that FREE offer from CGC. Any Non-Recertified Ejaenter comics (with CGC Serial Numbers that are public) can be indentified and brought to light when a sale is attempted. Please protect yourself.

Here is the URL:

<http://boards.collectors-society.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=1085485&an=0&page=0#Post1085485>

Thank you and Please take action,

I have to admit, I like the tone of your version better. However, you run out of characters exactly at the end of "yourself"... cutting off the entire URL and follwing text. Its not easy to get the message across within the character limit and still maintain the tone you have. Care to make an attempt at a further edit?

Hi,

I've been able to send Bruce's original email to three of my assigned ebay contacts via the "Contact Member" link so far. The only hitch I've run into is the limit on number of characters allowed in the message. To get around that, i had to eliminate the spaces between paragraphs. .

Casey