• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ewert Customer Contact Task for Litigation/Re-Certification Options… Volunteers?

217 posts in this topic

I have to admit, I like the tone of your version better. However, you run out of characters exactly at the end of "yourself"... cutting off the entire URL and follwing text. Its not easy to get the message across within the character limit and still maintain the tone you have. Care to make an attempt at a further edit?

I cut out a lot (but didn't count it)....

Dear Fellow Comic Collector

Volunteers are helping notify possible victims. You are being contacted as you recently bought at least (1) CGC Comic from Ebay Seller EJAENTER. Please, we URGE you to visit the CGC Forum to learn about a SCAM involving eBay seller Jason Ewert (Ejaenter). Evidence suggests he was responsible for having comics TRIMMED and submitting them to CGC, with the perceived intent to obtain Blue Label UNRESTORED Universal Grades, and then sell them to unsuspecting customers!

CGCs Primary Grader /President Steve Borock has BANNED EWERT from submitting to CGC and has offered to Re-Certify any Ejaenter CGC Book for FREE. Since it is possible you unknowingly purchased a trimmed CGC book in a Blue Label please follow through with that FREE offer. Any Non-Recertified Ejaenter comics (with CGC Serial Numbers that are public) can be indentified and brought to light when a sale is attempted. Please protect yourself.

Here is the URL:

<http://boards.collectors-society.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=1085485&an=0&page=0#Post1085485>

Thank you and PLEASE take action,

That's Odd... it fit for me without removing spaces. Did you add a longer signature/sign-off?

Also, I'm surprised you were able to email more than (1) new contact since awe4one (Jim) was only able to send one. Did you contact any as a Seller or were you permitted to contact more than 1 straight up? If so, the daily contact allowances may be based on something (feedback, length of time as an ebay member)?

Hi,

I've been able to send Bruce's original email to three of my assigned ebay contacts via the "Contact Member" link so far. The only hitch I've run into is the limit on number of characters allowed in the message. To get around that, i had to eliminate the spaces between paragraphs. .

Casey

Just wanted to quickly say, great job with all this Bruce, and you completely addressed my concerns. I do agree with Davenport about the tone of the initial email, but I think you folks are moving it in the right direction. Looking forward to the final edit. thumbsup2.gif

That's Odd... it fit for me without removing spaces. Did you add a longer signature/sign-off?

Also, I'm surprised you were able to email more than (1) new contact since awe4one (Jim) was only able to send one. Did you contact any as a Seller or were you permitted to contact more than 1 straight up? If so, the daily contact allowances may be based on something (feedback, lenght as a member)?

Hi,

I've been able to send Bruce's original email to three of my assigned ebay contacts via the "Contact Member" link so far. The only hitch I've run into is the limit on number of characters allowed in the message. To get around that, i had to eliminate the spaces between paragraphs. .

Casey

I can't explain the character limit problem. The first message i tried to send out came back with "Exceeded maximum number of characters. So, I eliminated the spaces between paragraphs and that fixed it.

What I did was, after logging in I went to the site map, clicked View a members feedback, entered the ebay member id, and clicked "Contact Member" from their member profile. That brought me to the enter message screen. Iwas able to do it for four of them so far. I have recieved copies of all four that I've sent so far in my hotmail account. They look fine from what I can tell. I can foward one to you if you like. I'm going to bed now but will try to finish the rest of them tomorrow.

Casey

Here we go Dav... This fits (with 7 characters to spare) and is closer to your version. I like it better and will substitute it now for contacts going forward. Thank you for your feedback and contribution!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Dear Fellow CGC Collector,

Volunteers are helping contact POSSIBLE VICTIMS who recently bought at least (1) CGC Comic from Ebay Seller EJAENTER (Jason Ewert). PLEASE visit the CGC Forum NOW to learn about this Serious SCANDAL. Evidence suggests Ewert was responsible for having comics TRIMMED and then submitting them to CGC, with the perceived intent to obtain Blue Label UNRESTORED Universal Grades to then sell to unsuspecting victims!

CGCs Primary Grader/President Steve Borock has BANNED EWERT from ever submitting to CGC and has offered to Re-Certify any Ejaenter CGC Book for FREE. Since it is possible you unknowingly purchased a trimmed CGC book in a Blue Label please take advantage of this offer. Any Non-Recertified Ejaenter comic (w/CGC Serial Numbers that are public) can be identified when a sale is attempted. Please protect yourself and act now!

Here is the URL:

<http://boards.collectors-society.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=1085485&an=0&page=0#Post1085485>

Thank you!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Don't copy & paste the "++++++++++" seperators.

NOTE: after you paste this information to your computer (whether as an email draft, word doc, etc.) YOU WILL HAVE TO REMOVE THE "<" AND ">" FROM BOTH ENDS OF THE URL before you paste into the ebay email system. I had to include them here in order for the full URL to display without some "auto-truncation" within the forum software.

I just sent the email to my 1st contact with no problem...one down!...but when I tried sending to the 2nd contact I get that 1-message-per-day roadblock as follows:

"We are unable to submit your question. You have reached the daily limit of emails you can send using the Contact eBay Member function. If you wish to contact the seller of an active listing, click on the “Ask seller a question” link found on the item page, below the seller’s User ID. To contact the buyer, click on the “Contact the buyer” link on the item page."

Other than asking questions about ongoing auctions (IMO it's not ideal b/c it makes these Ewart messages seem like spam), is there any way to get around this? confused-smiley-013.gif

Jim had the same problem... however Casey did not

Casey was able to contact multiple ebayers by going to the site map, clicking "View a members feedback"... entering the ebay member's id... then clicking "Contact Member" from their member profile. Try that.

If not, this may become a "one a day" 17 Day Project for some unfortunately.

As for contacting those that are currently "sellers" on Ebay via "Ask a Seller a Question", regardless of it seeming like "spam"... I'm thinking that they woulkd rather know what was going on.

Jim had the same problem... however Casey did not

Casey was able to contact multiple ebayers by going to the site map, clicking "View a members feedback"... entering the ebay member's id... then clicking "Contact Member" from their member profile. Try that.

This was exactly what I was doing before getting the "daily max" page... confused-smiley-013.gif

Jim

yay.gifI was able to do 8 on my list in a row, no problem. Probably could've done them all. I started at FEEDBACK FORUM: FIND MEMBER and entered the user ID, then the CONTACT MEMBER button on their feedback page. Once it was sent I right-clicked the "Back" on my IE Explorer toolbar and selected my starting point to do the next one. Rinse and repeat.

Maybe it's going through "My Messages" that has a limit? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

http://pages.ebay.com/services/forum/feedback-login.html

Apparently, there's a limit through the Contact Members path. I was actually only able to do four before I got this message.

From eBay:

We are unable to submit your question. You have reached the daily limit of emails you can send using the Contact eBay Member function. If you wish to contact the seller of an active listing, click on the “Ask seller a question” link found on the item page, below the seller’s User ID. To contact the buyer, click on the “Contact the buyer” link on the item page.

I also had to truncate the message a bit to not get the EXCEEDING MAXIMUM CHARACTER error. I had to delete the returns after the URL and the Thank You! and put them on the same line. That freed up something like a total of 18 characters which then went through. (Actually, I think that was because I forgot to remove the < > from the URL...nevermind...)

I guess I'll try the Ask Seller path if they have any active listings....

...yeah,...I got mine today,....you might want to know that the web link doesn't show up,....

Q: Dear Fellow CGC Collector, Volunteers are helping contact POSSIBLE VICTIMS who recently bought at least (1) CGC Comic from Ebay Seller EJAENTER (Jason Ewert). PLEASE visit the CGC Forum NOW to learn about this Serious SCANDAL. Evidence suggests Ewert was responsible for having comics TRIMMED and then submitting them to CGC, with the perceived intent to obtain Blue Label UNRESTORED Universal Grades to then sell to unsuspecting victims! CGCs Primary Grader/President Steve Borock has BANNED EWERT from ever submitting to CGC and has offered to Re-Certify any Ejaenter CGC Book for FREE. Since it is possible you unknowingly purchased a trimmed CGC book in a Blue Label please take adbvantage of this offer. Any Non-Recertified Ejaenter comic (w/CGC Serial Numbers that are public) can be indentified when a sale is attempted. Please protect yourself and act now! Here is the URL:

foreheadslap.gif I fixed it... "advantage" foreheadslap.gif

The version I sent myself contained the full URL. We've been hearing differing feedback in terms of the message being too long or not. Mine fit fine with 7 characters to spare.

Tips: Make sure there are no spaces before and/or after the message and don't copy the separator lines either.

Either way, even if the URL does not come through for some, anyone that reads the message and is reasonably intelligent can email the sender for more information.

I got copies of the eight I sent emailed back to me. I had copied and pasted Bruce's last edit version. They look fine, URL and all. Well, except for the misspelling I just noticed (take adbvantage). blush.gif27_laughing.gif