• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ewert Customer Contact Task for Litigation/Re-Certification Options… Volunteers?

217 posts in this topic

I just got back my Ewert books that were submitted pre-Sept 04 I had sent in. Returned without opening or reviewing them. I am expecting the 12 or so remaining books I have in to be reviewed this week, and we'll see what happens. Hopefully they're okay, but you never know...

Righto, on ebay I'm mansion30, and I bought from ewart the Dark Mansions of Forbidden Love #1 9.6. I've just got news from my LCS, and CGC rep here in London that book has come back unrestored.

All personal opinions aside, this is the what has been the result of CGC's re-examination of the book.

No... Mark Haspel informed me that close to 20 have been caught from resubs. I just got word from one of the Ebay Contact Volunteers that one Ewert Customer replied to him that his resub'd 9.8 X-Mens 95 and 100 and both were found to be trimmed.

Righto, on ebay I'm mansion30, and I bought from ewart the Dark Mansions of Forbidden Love #1 9.6. I've just got news from my LCS, and CGC rep here in London that book has come back unrestored.

All personal opinions aside, this is the what has been the result of CGC's re-examination of the book.

No... Mark Haspel informed me that close to 20 have been caught from resubs. I just got word from one of the Ebay Contact Volunteers that one Ewert Customer replied to him that his resub'd 9.8 X-Mens 95 and 100 and both were found to be trimmed.

893whatthe.gif

I just received back four of my reviewed Ewert books - all came back clean. They were definitely opened by CGC - they had new CGC serial #s. They still owe me seven books, and the book I have the most concern on (Tales to Astonish #99 in CGC 9.8) is in the lot of books they owe me. My concerns are greater now that BronzeBruce just noted a couple of older X-Men 9.8s that were resubmitted and noted as trimmed. We'll see...

Obviously where he got tripped up was when he got greedy and went for the big score - if he had stuck to his Bronze Age well, he would have continued to gotten the huge cash payoffs, and the only downside would have been the inevitable imPRESSive" threads that came out of here. Remember - there was never a thought that he was trimming books, only that he was pressing them.

So, ultimately, it's a really good thing he DID get greedy and got his pecker caught in the woodchopper. yay.gif

Just got word from one of my 'contacts' that two of his six books were trimmed. frown.gif

Whose six books? More trimming? This is pretty bad. Do you know the issues?

There was an Avengers #87 and and Iron Fist #1(?)...I'd have to cross-reference with Bruce's list and it's 4.00 am here.

Yeah, trimmed. Add another two books to the ever-growing stack of 'forever destroyed'. sumo.gif

Does anyone know what CGC is doing with the books? I hear they are keeping them, and Ewert's partner is making good. But is CGC actually destroying the books, filing them away, or re-slabbing them as PLOD (or is it GLOD?) and keeping them then?

That's an interesting question. If they keep them, PLOD them, then get a refund from Brulato, who get's the money back from Ewart; then return them to Brulato cause he refunded them, who then gives them back to Ewart because he refunded him, who then cracks them out and passes them off to the open market as "unrestored", who then submits them to eBay, who then misses the microtrimming again, and viola, they end up back in a blue label slab.

How's that for a great run on sentence?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

But is CGC actually destroying the books,

using them as fireplace fodder cloud9.gif helps them keep their heating bills down in this severe winter season confused-smiley-013.gif

Yes. Brutal winter they're going through down there in Sarasota! I think one night about a month ago the temperature dropped down to about 35 degrees for 2 hours. Egad!!

Just spoke to Mr. Patel - one of my final 7 books they had was trimmed. JLA #53 in 9.4 - CGC serial #0098447009. I feel fortunate my Tales to Astonish #99 in 9.8 wasn't trimmed. Anyway, they are supposed to be returning the rest of my books, and a Mr. Brulato should be reimbursing me via check in the next 30 business days for my cost of the trimmed book. Mr. Patel said I was actually one of the lucky ones. I guess 1 out of 17 ain't bad. I think someone was keeping a database of trimmed books - perhaps if someone knows where that's at, they can transfer the info above to that database.

Just spoke to Mr. Patel - one of my final 7 books they had was trimmed. JLA #53 in 9.4 - CGC serial #0098447009. I feel fortunate my Tales to Astonish #99 in 9.8 wasn't trimmed. Anyway, they are supposed to be returning the rest of my books, and a Mr. Brulato should be reimbursing me via check in the next 30 business days for my cost of the trimmed book. Mr. Patel said I was actually one of the lucky ones. I guess 1 out of 17 ain't bad. I think someone was keeping a database of trimmed books - perhaps if someone knows where that's at, they can transfer the info above to that database.

I wonder what they are doing with the trimmed books. It seems sinful to trash a great book just because someone trimmed off a tiny sliver.

What they should do is stamp on the back cover "TRIMMED," reslab them and auction the books off for charity. There might even be a market for the nefarious "Ewert Trimmed Collection."