• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BATMAN AND THE MONSTER MEN

66 posts in this topic

Add me to the list of people loving this book - It just bugs me that DC put this out as a Mini series when they could of easily put this into Detective Comics as a 6 part arc and in turn put some much needed "attention" into one of their longest running titles. (instead of that dave lapham arc which is thought was pants sumo.gif)

That page is where I first heard the word Wuxtry!

Imagine my nine-year-old shock that it's not in common usage.

All of the newsboys in the early Detective stories say it. Maybe it's just the New Yowk version of "Extra".

Does anybody else think the monster-man in that splash looks like a pimp? Shouldn't it be "The Pimp-monsters of New York"? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The story ends with the last man-monster climbing the Empire State Building and the bat-gyro shooting him down King Kong-style.

I didn't like the story in #5 as much as previous issues. Maybe it's that I was pretty pumped up over it, maybe I just think that Julie's father is lame. Maybe I don't believe that Bruce always has a sleeping tablet palmed at all times...

Or maybe it's just that the first four issues to me had that great leisurely feel like Long Halloween or Dark Victory where there's tons of detail and development. MM #5 just felt like we're suddenly rushing to a conclusion.

Don't know if the first couple issues were plotted like the story was going to be 12 issues or if I'm just sorry to see it ending and taking it out on #5!

I still liked it, but not as much as the others.

OTOH, thought the lastest issue of Jonah Hex was the best one yet--that series is gathering steam just like Conan did.

Marc

SPOILERS, I guess

No comments on #6? Or #5 for that matter? I liked six a lot more than five. I guess I was resigned to the series ending so enjoyed the slambang ending. I also enjoyed Bruce/Julie relationship and the hints of the original story like having the two monster men fight each other. Enjoyed where it was left with Strange still on the loose. And the good doctor's little grendel move made me laugh.

Really looking forward to the mad monk!

Marc