• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rarely seen PHANTOM Stranger # 1 in decent shape on ebay

21 posts in this topic

I've only seen one copy of that book in the flesh,and Gene Carpenter had it.And he was EXCITED about it.And Gene has seen it ALL.He had the whole run at our quarterly Richmond,Va. show a few years ago.I didn't ask to take it out of the mylar but I always wondered if the interior was as good as the exterior.Any word on that?That copy you posted has a brilliant color strike.It wouldn't surprise me if it sees some spirited bidding at the final stretch,but it could slip through the cracks into the "awesome deal zone".It would be tempting to capture that image for future reference,if I knew how to do that.Thanks for sharing it.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

Don't you just love it when you see a book you've been looking all over for - finally find it and hope no one else sees it so you might get a decent deal on it - then someone makes an announcement and tells everyone about? Yeah - me neither...

893naughty-thumb.gif

wink.gif

Don't you just love it when you see a book you've been looking all over for - finally find it and hope no one else sees it so you might get a decent deal on it - then someone makes an announcement and tells everyone about? Yeah - me neither...

893naughty-thumb.gif

wink.gif

I know exactly how that feels. Try collecting Batmans. That is one nice copy of PS 1.

That book is so sweet. If I had a couple extra grand I would buy it in a second. No....wait.....I would have bought the Cap 74 that was recently on eBay. Well, if I had ANOTHER couple extra grand I would buy it in a second.

I believe it failed to meet it's opening bid of $265.I think it's in the completed auctions section.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

p.s. Thanks to ajaxfarrel for the image saving tip.My ignorance has been revealed(again 27_laughing.gif)

893naughty-thumb.gif

wink.gif

Whoops, I never thought of that. I'll wait until the auction is over next time.

893naughty-thumb.gif

wink.gif

Why? You didn't do anything wrong, ebay is watched by a number of people.

I know it would be nice if you could be the "only" person watching a book, but come on. You really think no one else was watching? I see this all the time were it might seem that way, then the bidding begins just minutes before the end.

You see something interesting, post it. thumbsup2.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif

wink.gif

I was going to say something clever, but Fuelie pretty much covered it. There is nothing wrong with posting stuff like this before it is over. Persons who think that their chances of getting the book are somehow ruined by a link presented on this forum are.... well, somewhat delusional IMO.

makepoint.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif

wink.gif

I was completely kidding - hence the 'wink'. It's just that sometimes auctions do slip under the radar and when they get posted here I can no longer delude myself thinking maybe this is the time I get lucky...

smirk.gif

I was completely kidding - hence the 'wink'. It's just that sometimes auctions do slip under the radar and when they get posted here I can no longer delude myself thinking maybe this is the time I get lucky...

smirk.gif

sumo.gifLink sumo.gif

smirk.gif

sumo.gifLink sumo.gif

I really should get some sort of royalty when you use that. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

SO, anyhow, I contacted the seller .....Here is what I wrote to him......

Thanks for the pics Scott, You had a really nice eye for a quality book back then. Apparently you told your wife what you paid for it, sounds like she knew it was pretty valuable. How much did you profit off the book. I'm curious to know how much more it's worth 7 years later. Did you get a really good deal on it ? Maybe less than $300 you paid for it.

He wrote back....... People really wanted this book I was surprised. Yes it was around $300.00 when I picked it up. Hope the person enjoys it. You know I don;t think I even read it (That is a shame huh??).Anyway, thank you for the e-mail,ScottPS it sold for over $1,200.00 I think that is 2x guide